Help needed with my build strix 980ti oc3

Darkw1sh

Hello everyone, 

I am a longtime fan of LTT and well i lost everything I had ever owned a little while back in a horrible accident. 

I was pronounced dead 3 times by the doctors, and well i made it out alive. 

Computers and cars make me happy, and having over 10 million dollars in bills and everything either frozen or  ot available i have been screwed. 

The accident was a fire and i was burned alive. It sucked, and worse of all the halucinations in the coma were so real that to this day I know i lived another life for 6 months time, although i was only under for 13 days. It was so real i went to school and work but things got really bad quick. I dont want to go into detail but i was tortured many times and i still feel the pain. On top of all that i have a lot of other problems. 

Prior to the accident, i loved computers i had an amazing build and helped many people build amazing rigs!

As a surprise i received some parts as a gift from some of my friends and i found a promotion and got a free samsung 850 pro 512gb.

I am into building high end custom stuff, but since i am on a budget, or well lack of a budget, i have no money at all. I have helped a lot of people in my life. I would rather do something for someone else and spend my money on them then soend on myself. Recently i have been very depressed and need to occupy my time and with my amazong friends I hope i can put something together. 

THE QUESTION FOR ALL OF YOU THAT DONT CARE ABOUTBACK STORY.

Many of my friends pitched in and bought me an amazing video card, with the moeny spent i could have built an entire system but i love them and i would not trade this card if my life depended on it as those were the people that were there for me when the docs said to say goodbye. They got me an Asus 980ti Strix OC3.

Since i have some time on my hands i will be making something very custom and needed your help. I am bad at asking for help.

I noticed the strix logo is illuminated by a white light. I was wondering if i could remove the red on the logo and paint it with a translucent green paint? Also of i were to do this i would incorporate the strix logo in the green and that would be white. By the strix logo i mean the owl face thing.(photo attached) Or was thinking of doing it visa versa owl green logo white. 

Would this be possible? Any help woukd be greatly appreciated.

Also i was thinking of anodizing the red plate around the gpu in the middle of the back plate to green. Again when I was in good health i helped these two cool guys that are painters of very high end stuff, and they told me they would be glad to help me out whenever i needed it. They were so cool they even came by the hospital.

Also on the fan shroud the red would be repainted to green, and i am still on the boarder of either making it semi-gloss, gloss or matte. I think semi-gloss would match the rest of the paint best but gloss would really make it pop.

I added a few more photos of the card so you can get a grasp for where i am going with this.

I got a pretty sweet mother board from everyone as well its a asus z170 deluxe.

I still need the cpu, and i have some memory but its not exactly what i wanted for this vuild but beggers cannot be choosers. O thought maybe i can save up a little bit of money and get heat sinks for the ram modules.

I also do not have a modular power supply but that is something i will need to live with. I might again try to sell some of the stuff that i had left at my parents house to try to sleeve the cables myself.

Also i was thinking of maybe gaving 2 accent colors and thise being green and purple, and annodize things purple?

I have been very depressed lately and comouters really make me happy. 

I also attached a photo of myself from when i was in the hospital.

For those of you that actually read this thank you very much.

Spoiler

Spoiler

strix.png

style.jpg

protection.jpg

burger-mobile.jpg

bccfaf34-d090-4348-b5a9-b2838986994a_profile.jpg

I can't respond to you because I am dead from those pictures. I didn't even read what you want because its too long text so explain shorter :)

57 minutes ago, Darkw1sh said:

I noticed the strix logo is illuminated by a white light. I was wondering if i could remove the red on the logo and paint it with a translucent green paint? Also of i were to do this i would incorporate the strix logo in the green and that would be white. By the strix logo i mean the owl face thing.(photo attached) Or was thinking of doing it visa versa owl green logo white. 

I know almost nothing about painting, but I have  seen a few hardware painting videos from Linus. But looking at that, it seems like it might have clear piece of transparent plastic which you might be able to paint over and get the green. (Can you check the card and see if that's correct?) But I think you would also have to paint the red part. 

Also i was thinking of anodizing the red plate around the gpu in the middle of the back plate to green. Again when I was in good health i helped these two cool guys that are painters of very high end stuff, and they told me they would be glad to help me out whenever i needed it. They were so cool they even came by the hospital.

Is it possible for those painters to help you with this in answering the questions you asked? 

Also on the fan shroud the red would be repainted to green, and i am still on the boarder of either making it semi-gloss, gloss or matte. I think semi-gloss would match the rest of the paint best but gloss would really make it pop.

I also do not have a modular power supply but that is something i will need to live with. I might again try to sell some of the stuff that i had left at my parents house to try to sleeve the cables myself.

I think that would be a great idea to sleeve the cables. It was my thought of that too.

I don't really know if this helped to much because I really know nothing of the topic, but yeah.