HTC vive

StrangeGuy

yes

\/Specs\/

Xeon E3 1230 V3-Maximus vi hero-2x4gb G skill RipjawsX 2133-EVGA supernova-1 tb seagate-Samsung 840 EVO 1TB-NZXT H440-EVGA 6Gb 780 Razer-Blackwidow Ultimate-Corsair M65

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

I think it will be ample, but try the steam VR test. It's free

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460Motherboard: Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GBStorage: A-Data Premier Pro SP900 128GBGPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC Video CardCase: Corsair SPEC-01 REDPower Supply: EVGA 600BNetworking Card: TP-Link TL-WDN4800Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" MonitorKeyboard: Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition (Cherry MX Blue) Mouse: Logitech G100s | Quote me and say "Dope Flamingo" if you actually read this. 

2 minutes ago, tcolecruz said:

I think it will be ample, but try the steam VR test. It's free

Its a new build I'm buying

oh... okay. I'd get a lesser CPU and a 980ti which has the VR feature that EVGA has

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460Motherboard: Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GBStorage: A-Data Premier Pro SP900 128GBGPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC Video CardCase: Corsair SPEC-01 REDPower Supply: EVGA 600BNetworking Card: TP-Link TL-WDN4800Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" MonitorKeyboard: Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition (Cherry MX Blue) Mouse: Logitech G100s | Quote me and say "Dope Flamingo" if you actually read this. 

1 minute ago, tcolecruz said:

oh... okay. I'd get a lesser CPU and a 980ti which has the VR feature that EVGA has

This is a youtube/streaming/gaming build it doesnt have to work for the vive I was just wondering

2 minutes ago, StrangeGuy said:

This is a youtube/streaming/gaming build it doesnt have to work for the vive I was just wondering

okay. Get the 390, not the 390x. It's literally exactly the same but for less money

3 minutes ago, StrangeGuy said:

If you can hold off until June you can buy the new CPUs. Might get that motherboard or another for cheaper as well as manufactures push their refreshes. 

Other personal critiques... the hoses on that AIO look terrible. I'd get a Corsair H110i GT instead or something else.

980Ti or Fury X with the budget you have, even if that means only buying 1 monitor or something else for now.

Wait until the 4-7th of next month for news about AMD and Nvidia cards coming out, might let the price on the new cards drop some or you might plan to just wait and get a GTX 1080 or something. This close to June I am waiting to build my new rig.

9 minutes ago, StrangeGuy said:

Get a cheaper CPU and buy a GTX980Ti instead. GPU>>>CPU.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

You may want to move up to a Fury X.

1 hour ago, StrangeGuy said:

Is my build good enough for the htc vive

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kfwBsY

I would go fury x( or non) or 980ti or titan x and go a higher wattage power supply because you have some beefy hardware.

I'm always here to help