GTX 760 Troubleshooting

I bought a 2nd hand Gigabyte GTX 760 4gb card, I have it in SLI and there are heating issues with it. if it gets past 60 degrees Celsius there are light leeks in games (like lens flares appear on terrain), and display driver crashes. I changed the fan profile an aggressive one, to keep it below 60. It gets loud. My first 760 works great. I just tested both cards individually with heaven benchmark and the second hand card goes bananas; fps spikes randomly at 90 (normal card max fps was 78). The fan profile I setup is a solution, but I would like that to be temporary fix. 

So I think the following, and want some input for what is best (before if start).

• Try something with the card BIOS to get it back to a "factory state", incase the first owner messed it up (not 100% on how to do this)
  • Take it apart and change the thermal compound
  • Underclock both cards ... 

I won't water cool the cards, its better to buy a new card. 

I want to get the card in a more practical state than it is now.

Or are the cards faults just permanent?

Thoughts?

Underclocking both would be the easiest fix and combined with your aggressive fan curve can help keep the noise down. It sounds like your "new used" card is in the process of dying so any real fix would help but it will only be a matter of time. Underclocking would take a lot of additional stress off the card.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

I could not get the owner to answer if he messed with the card. It looks like he did. My "new used" card is not on its last leg, just yet.

What kind of display glitch is this, and what part of the gpu is it?

Still looking for alternative solution. While this card still shows something. 

Firework glitch.jpg