usb 3.0 addon cards

kiwibacon

So with my occulus going to be shipped soon i need to find 4 usb 3 ports.

Have been looking at getting this card

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-3-0-4-Port-Host-To-PCI-E-PCI-Card-Express-Expansion-Card-Adapter-Speed-5Gbps-/221790966668?hash=item33a3c5938c:g:UcoAAOSwv0tVbja~

Does any1 know if these cards can operate all 4 ports at full speed? or is it like the old school network hubs where the speed shared?

Thanks

3800X, Corsiar 32gig 3200mhz LPX, Asus Hero X570. 2080ti black edition

5 minutes ago, kiwibacon said:

Thanks

That should work fine, it's from China so I'm not sure how long it will last, though.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

The speed is likely shared.  The important part is the power delivery, which hopefully is okay with this.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Here's the problem: You can't just use ANY USB3 card.  You need a chipset that supports specific USB3 features, the Microsoft Kinect 2.0 has similar limitations.  I'd strongly suggest that you make sure that you get a USB3 expansion card that is on the approved chipset and product lists provided by Occulus.

12 minutes ago, kiwibacon said:

So with my occulus going to be shipped soon i need to find 4 usb 3 ports.

Have been looking at getting this card

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-3-0-4-Port-Host-To-PCI-E-PCI-Card-Express-Expansion-Card-Adapter-Speed-5Gbps-/221790966668?hash=item33a3c5938c:g:UcoAAOSwv0tVbja~

Does any1 know if these cards can operate all 4 ports at full speed? or is it like the old school network hubs where the speed shared?

Thanks

I got almost if not the same thing from eBay about a year ago, it is still doing fine for me. not sure about them all running at full speed or not. Don't have that may thing to try it with.

I am a paid professional, but only when I am at work...and getting paid.

ok guess ill order the recommoned one. :)

goodbye last pcie port 

3800X, Corsiar 32gig 3200mhz LPX, Asus Hero X570. 2080ti black edition