Xeon 1231 v3 Temps :(

I've been having a few problems with my Xeon 1231 v3 lately, I recently just did the Intel Extreme Tuning Benchmark and got a score of 766. With my max temp being 87 (only for a second and then it went back down to 75) with stock cooler. Anyway, my problem is that my cpu temps get very high around 70 - 80ish and people tell me that it is bad for Xeon. When playing games cpu temps stay under 70C< but as soon as I stress test they get too mid 70 - 85ish and fluctuate very quickly, but my cpu has no thermal throttling for passing 80c. I did a post like this a few days ago.. Just need some fresh opinions.

Xeon 1231 v3/ H81m - P33 / 8GB Corsair Vengeance/ GTX 950/ Fractal Design Core 1000.

Idle temps are 34 - 40c.

Xeon 1231 v3/ H81m - P33 / 8GB Corsair Vengeance/ GTX 950/ Fractal Design Core 1000.

3 hours ago, Dr_Curry_MONSTER said:

-snip

Well... I mean... It is a stock cooler... those aren't always the best options, but even for a Xeon, I do agree as far as I know and have been told, they are supposed to run generally at cooler temperatures... strange... 

Positive air pressure or nah?

Also, have you considered upgrading your cpu cooler?

24 minutes ago, Yames said:

Well... I mean... It is a stock cooler... those aren't always the best options, but even for a Xeon, I do agree as far as I know and have been told, they are supposed to run generally at cooler temperatures... strange... 

Positive air pressure or nah?

No positive air pressure :(

21 minutes ago, Dr_Curry_MONSTER said:

No positive air pressure :(

Should I remount the fan I guess?

Should I remount the fan I guess?

It could be a bad mount, is there a decent amount of thermal paste?

Just now, Yames said:

It could be a bad mount, is there a decent amount of thermal paste?

Just stock thermal paste. :(

Just now, Dr_Curry_MONSTER said:

This only happens while stress testing tho, when playing games temps are 70C<

stock thermal paste will work fine

Just now, Dr_Curry_MONSTER said:

Well, stressing the cpu puts a normally unnatural load on the cpu, so I wouldn´t worry too much about it.

4 minutes ago, Dr_Curry_MONSTER said:

3 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

Well, stressing the cpu puts a normally unnatural load on the cpu, so I wouldn´t worry too much about it.

But I think it might be my fan, when stress testing the fan doesn't seem to get faster, just running default speed. Is there anyway I can monitor fan speeds?

But I think it might be my fan, when stress testing the fan doesn't seem to get faster, just running default speed. Is there anyway I can monitor fan speeds?

Yup, in BIOS there should be some settings about the CPU fan. Also, try and be careful a bit in BIOS as I have accidentally broken some stuff on accident in unfriendly BIOS GUIs, it won't be that hard to find and should be an easy tune up

Just now, Yames said:

Yup, in BIOS there should be some settings about the CPU fan. Also, try and be careful a bit in BIOS as I have accidentally broken some stuff on accident in unfriendly BIOS GUIs, it won't be that hard to find and should be an easy tune up

I've changed the speed in the bios but in windows I don't notice ant difference in fan noise or movement speed.

I've changed the speed in the bios but in windows I don't notice ant difference in fan noise or movement speed.

Did you check temps?

10 minutes ago, Yames said:

Did you check temps?

on what? I did the stress test again. 

8 minutes ago, Dr_Curry_MONSTER said:

Actually I might just reinstall my fan, brb.

8 minutes ago, Dr_Curry_MONSTER said:

I just did the test again this time I only got 79 as peak temp. I guess I fixed it? Most of the time it was between 77 - 70.

10 minutes ago, Yames said:

Did you check temps?

I just did it with a remount, I only got 76C max for like a milisecond rest was 65 - 75. Is that good?

I just did the test again this time I only got 79 as peak temp. I guess I fixed it? Most of the time it was between 77 - 70.

Sounds like it was a bad mount, this is common with stock coolers, I would still recommend upgrading just to something at least a little bit more decent like a Hyper 212 Evo as it is highly recommended for the best bang for the buck. I mean it sounds like you got everything working fine now. 

2 hours ago, Yames said:

Sounds like it was a bad mount, this is common with stock coolers, I would still recommend upgrading just to something at least a little bit more decent like a Hyper 212 Evo as it is highly recommended for the best bang for the buck. I mean it sounds like you got everything working fine now. 

Yeah I remounted it again and this time I'm getting 75C on full load. Thanks for your help btw :) 

Still those high temps are not that bad for a Xeon.

Ofc not that ideal, but yeah.

Not sure who makes those claims, but they obviously have no clue about server grade hardware then.

Xeon´s are basicly designed to survive in the most extreme circumstances.

They can even survive without active cooling.

11 hours ago, Sintezza said:

Still those high temps are not that bad for a Xeon.

Ofc not that ideal, but yeah.

Not sure who makes those claims, but they obviously have no clue about server grade hardware then.

Xeon´s are basicly designed to survive in the most extreme circumstances.

They can even survive without active cooling.

Alright thanks, they are on stock cooling tho and when I'm playing games it doesn't go over 62C now. But I got mislead alot by people :(