Best DSLR camera under $400

whats a good dslr camera under $400?

i heard of the canon eos t5 and the Nikon d5500/d3300

what are some other choices?

main thing i want is high resolution

Thanks

Oh boy, not another one.

if all that matters to you is resolution, buy the one with the most megapixels.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

1 minute ago, ALwin said:

Oh boy, not another one.

if all that matters to you is resolution, buy the one with the most megapixels.

from a reputabe company, wih good warranty, and overall good physical build

2 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

from a reputabe company, wih good warranty, and overall good physical build

They're all reputable companies that offer a good warranty and the products are well built.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

42 minutes ago, ALwin said:

They're all reputable companies that offer a good warranty and the products are well built.

best pprice to performance with all constraints from above

Just get a T3i with a nice lens.

Sure, you can have a high megapixel count, but if you dont have a nice lens, those high megapixel photos will look like trash.

18MP is still a lot, 5184 by 3456 to be exact.

This is an example of the type of deals you can find on a body

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-EOS-Rebel-T3i-600D-18-0-MP-Digital-SLR-Camera-Black-Body-Only-/222054952777?hash=item33b381af49:g:keUAAOSwGotWs8Qq

Here's a good lens that Id get, obviously I dont know what type of photography youd be doing, but this is a good lens for my needs so why not use it as an example

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/870179-REG/Canon_40mm_f_2_8_EF_Pancake.html

There are also probably deals you can find with the kit lens included, which will cover more of your needs compared to just a 40mm prime.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

11 minutes ago, Swndlr said:

Just get a T3i with a nice lens.

Sure, you can have a high megapixel count, but if you dont have a nice lens, those high megapixel photos will look like trash.

18MP is still a lot, 5184 by 3456 to be exact.

This is an example of the type of deals you can find on a body

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-EOS-Rebel-T3i-600D-18-0-MP-Digital-SLR-Camera-Black-Body-Only-/222054952777?hash=item33b381af49:g:keUAAOSwGotWs8Qq

Here's a good lens that Id get, obviously I dont know what type of photography youd be doing, but this is a good lens for my needs so why not use it as an example

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/870179-REG/Canon_40mm_f_2_8_EF_Pancake.html

There are also probably deals you can find with the kit lens included, which will cover more of your needs compared to just a 40mm prime.

What's better the t3i or the t5i. Also, I heard that conon doesn't update their sensors. Olympous and Nikon do.

What do extender tubes do?

Also, what's the difference between the one you linked, and a 40mm included with the camera?