Google buys Bump, may be planning for a future with no NFC

qwertywarrior

ok this is much worse that NFC

Google’s acquisition of Bump could merely be a backup plan, for integration and NFC-free way of using Android Beam on smartphones. Bump works by bumping two smartphones together, which simply uploads the data to the cloud and allows it to be downloaded on the second device. Maybe Google will get it to be cross platform too, if it’s feeling generous enough. Luckily, Bump will continue working until then. Would you give it a shot?

so let me get this straight

it order to share files etc

it will have to use ur 3g/4g/wifi to upload it then download it on the other device

are u kidding me ???

http://androidandme.com/2013/09/news/google-buys-bump-may-be-planning-for-a-future-with-no-nfc/

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Bump could be a good backup plan for phones don't have nfc.

And need not to surprise by the technology of Bump. Bump firstly launched in 2008, which NFC is not popular back then. Thus Bump was the one of a few wireless transferring technologies back then. The first nfc Android phone is the Samsung Nexus S, which launched in 2010, and since then nfc gradually become the standard of modern smartphones. So no surprises there.

Btw, I think you need to change the title of yr post.

Bump could be a good backup plan for phones don't have nfc.

And need not to surprise by the technology of Bump. Bump firstly launched in 2008, which NFC is not popular back then. The first nfc Android phone is the Samsung Nexus S, which launched in 2010, and since then nfc gradually become the standard of modern smartphones. So no surprises there.

Btw, I think you need to change the title of yr post.

yeah fixed it

what annoys me that NFC is cheap and easy to implement

ive seen NFCs built in phone batteries 

yet its still not a standard in every phone like wifi

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

NFC needs to be standardized. that way it can be implemented into Android at a deeper level. 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

yeah fixed it

what annoys me that NFC is cheap and easy to implement

ive seen NFCs built in phone batteries 

yet its still not a standard in every phone like wifi

With push from Google and Microsoft, I do think it will become a standard later. The problem is not when will it be a standard, but the compatibility with other technology.

NFC needs to be standardized. that way it can be implemented into Android at a deeper level. 

but NFC has been implemented at a system level since android  2.3.3

android beam was introduced on ice cream sandwich

but NFC has been implemented at a system level since android  2.3.3

android beam was introduced on ice cream sandwich

One of the reason is there is so many competition out there, and people applied them other than nfc. (although those competing technologies may compatible with nfc)

Actually some analysts said the non-standardization of nfc is one of the reasons why iPhone still don't have nfc...

One of the reason is there is so many competition out there, and people applied them other than nfc. (although those competing technologies may compatible with nfc)

Actually some analysts said the non-standardization of nfc is one of the reasons why iPhone still don't have nfc...

but NFC is a standard set by nokia and philips since 2004

it has 160 members

these new standards are growing really slow

look at DLNA for example

each time a new standard comes a long one company has to be different and dosnt like team work and its just slows down everything else

why cant we have an old fashioned fight and there is a loser and winner (ie bluray vs HDDVD)

i do believe that NFC will flourish in a year