CPU Cooler Fan up or down?

Feinberg

So i bought a Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo and now i ask my self if the fan should point up or down.

If it points down, the Air will be pressed against the Backplate of my GTX 660.

If it points up the Air will head towards the Top of the Case. 

This the Hyper TX3

774566_0__8410426.jpg.d654a8c4ad4a42e3e6

This is my Case in its current state.

DSC_0083.thumb.JPG.a084481330d950d816138

Hot air rises, so if your case has an air vent on the top it can sometimes be beneficial to exhaust the hot air straight out the top.

Otherwise just send it rearward and the rear fan can pull the hot air out the back.

Rotate the cooler so that the fan blows air to the rear exhaust fan.

56 minutes ago, PooPipeBoy said:

Hot air rises, so if your case has an air vent on the top it can sometimes be beneficial to exhaust the hot air straight out the top.

Otherwise just send it rearward and the rear fan can pull the hot air out the back.

"Hot air rises cold air sinks" is not that important in cases because it is a small space and there is forced ventilation.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

Coolers fan should blow air towards exhaust fan/s. Since you have rear exhaust, it should be blowing towards it.

3 hours ago, PooPipeBoy said:

Like said above, that fact is irrelevant within case. Its more important to make airflow fluid. If one has rear exhaust, CPU cooler should blow towards it. If one has top exhaust, like me, then CPU cooler should blow towards them.

"Hot air rises" is more important when case is placed in closed space or under table. There air above case is much hotter than air closer to floor.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

To the side. As an exhaust. Hot air rising has nothing to with the temperatures as it is barely measurable in PC cases.

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

On 3/26/2016 at 4:13 AM, Feinberg said:

So i bought a Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo and now i ask my self if the fan should point up or down.

If it points down, the Air will be pressed against the Backplate of my GTX 660.

If it points up the Air will head towards the Top of the Case. 

This the Hyper TX3

774566_0__8410426.jpg.d654a8c4ad4a42e3e6

This is my Case in its current state.

DSC_0083.thumb.JPG.a084481330d950d816138

I have done both orientations. Keep airflow in a straight line. Period. 

Almost 10℃ difference cooler under load when I had it blowing front to back, vs blowing up.

My case is a Cooler Master N200.