Go to solution Solved by Steven9595,
16 hours ago, sunnaryt said:

whoa, i can buy that out of pocket no financing or anything, that seems too good to be true.

Their 2016 line should be coming out shortly, if you look at their website it says coming soon. So if you wait just a little longer, you'll either be able to grab the 2015 line for cheaper, or grab the 2016 line for a littttle bit more, but with included doubling of backlight zones, HDR, and Dolby Vision support. The 2016 line is definitely worth waiting for if you can.

well a few things to consider whether to buy a 4k monitor or not

1) can your gpu push good fps at that res? a single 980 Ti is hardly able to if you plan to cranking the game settings

2) are you into high fps gaming? 4k only comes with 60Hz panels

3) there isnt much content on 4k, and the price is still way up there, willing to pay the price?

generally, 1440p is the sweetspot for gamers now, 4k is just for 4k content creators imo

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 hour ago, sunnaryt said:

This is my main hobby, computers, tech, if it gives you an idea I own a smartwatch lmao. There is nothing more I'd rather spend money on than stuff like this.

To give you an idea I am looking for a monitor for game development/design/coding/photo editing + some gaming:

4K IPS 60hz

99%+ sRGB

350cd/m2 (nits)

good uniformity/ colour accuracy

low response/ lag but the above qualities are a higher priority

I am looking for the same thing and have narrowed it down to 2 brands 

LG 27MU67, insanely low price for all of the above features (although 300cd/m2 not 350) and great panel uniformity

LG 27UD68P the replacement for the above model soon to be released

LG 27UD88-W adds USBC powered connection and ups brightness to 350cd/m2 but it is more expensive

DELL P2715Q - good warranty/support, great colour accuracy, reasonable price but hadn't been updated in a long time (wonder if it will be replaced by newer model soon.

No to these

Samsung :  They don't make a 27" IPS 4K monitor.  Their only good 4K monitor is their mega expensive 32inch.

Asus : Unless you want G-sync (in which case look at Asus PG27AQ) their monitors are pretty expensive for what you get in 4k IPS.

Acer : They only sell one 27" 4K monitor with 99%+sRGB and thats XB271HK.  Its only 300cd/m2 though for a high price.  If you only want gaming though worth a look as its cheaper than the Asus g-sync monitor.

What's your budget for this? And I'm guessing you're looking more at TV's since you want such a large display? Vizio makes some good ones for not too bad of prices. They have their 2016 M series coming out relatively soon, which will have 64 different back lighting zones, HDR, as well as support for Dolby Vision. I'd expect pricing to be ~ $800 for 50" and ~ $1,000 for 55". Definitely worth looking into.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4.7GHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 | Motherboard: X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB | Case: NCase M1 v6.0 | SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo+ 1TB, 860 Evo 1TB | CPU Cooler: H100i ELITE CAPELLIX | MonitorsLG 27GN950-B 4K 165Hz |

12 hours ago, sunnaryt said:

Assume unlimited within reason, like I said, sweet spots.
I may or may not look at a TV, I probably want a decent response time. 
I had been looking at the Wasabi Mango, 40" 4k monitors since they look like a deal, and a youtuber recommended them I think barnacles. Though the reviews are mixed, and I don't know well enough to know what is bad about them. 

Take a look at this http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/vizio/m-series-2015

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4.7GHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 | Motherboard: X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB | Case: NCase M1 v6.0 | SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo+ 1TB, 860 Evo 1TB | CPU Cooler: H100i ELITE CAPELLIX | MonitorsLG 27GN950-B 4K 165Hz |

16 hours ago, sunnaryt said:

whoa, i can buy that out of pocket no financing or anything, that seems too good to be true.

Their 2016 line should be coming out shortly, if you look at their website it says coming soon. So if you wait just a little longer, you'll either be able to grab the 2015 line for cheaper, or grab the 2016 line for a littttle bit more, but with included doubling of backlight zones, HDR, and Dolby Vision support. The 2016 line is definitely worth waiting for if you can.