Partition Recovery - Asap HELP!

First, I am a technician myself. Secondly I have a first time dilemma I have not faced. 

Drive0 = 1tb
Drive1= 500gb

Drive1 was originally the operating system.. Drive0 was the storage device. Upon taking the said computer to a computer repair shop the tech there swaped the OS and the Data drive. 

So now Drive1 500gb = data storage and Drive0 1tb = Operating system. 

The critical part is what software or how can I recover the previous partitions which contain the data that my client wants with it already being formatted and something installed over the previous partition. I've been able to recover from a formatted partition before. but nothing was installed over it.. IE an operating system. 

I am troubleshooting this remotely. I am in michigan, the client is in texas area. I could use all the help possible.  We are talking close to 24,000 Raw files and more....

"Overdrive" | My Desktop PC:  Case: Corsair 750D | CPU:  I7-4790K | Motherboard:  Asus z97 Deluxe NFC & WLC | CPU Cooler: Corsair h100i Push Pull | Memory/Ram:  Corsair Dominator Platinum 32gb 1600mhz  OS Disk| SSD: Samsung EVO 840 250Gb ; Storage Disc:  HDD: 1 WD 3tb Black |  Graphics Card: EVGA 780Ti Superclocked  ACX | Corsair AXi 860w
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peripherals: Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Logitech G13 Gaming Keyboard | Mouse: Logitech G700s | Speakers: Logitech z506 | Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pro Medium | Monitors: ASUS Pro Art 248Q  | Calibration: Xrite i1 Display Pro | Printer: Coming Soon

Sadly you most likely will not be able to fully recover the data since some of those sectors on the disk have been overwritten with new bits, therefore those old bits (data) are gone. The only things you can recover are the empty sectors, this is something I have not done before so I'll leave it at that.