Fan question for H100i V2

Go to solution Solved by W-L,
34 minutes ago, jslowik said:

-SNIP-

The 4 fans should be the same in a push pull setup to prevent excessive noise and turbulence from different fans so if you only have two just setting it up either in push or pull would be a better option. 

Hey folks,

I've been scouring forums for a bit now and I've not yet come across an answer to my question, so here's hoping someone here maybe has a similar setup. 

I purchased an H100i and two Noctua fans with the intention of doing a push/pull setup with the stock fans on top, and the Noctua fans on the bottom. 

My question is where are folks plugging their fans in with this setup since the cooler itself only has two fan headers coming off of it? Would I just be better off sticking the Noctua fans on the in a pull setup and ditching the idea of 4 fans?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your time :)

34 minutes ago, jslowik said:

-SNIP-

The 4 fans should be the same in a push pull setup to prevent excessive noise and turbulence from different fans so if you only have two just setting it up either in push or pull would be a better option. 

1 hour ago, jslowik said:

Hey folks,

I've been scouring forums for a bit now and I've not yet come across an answer to my question, so here's hoping someone here maybe has a similar setup. 

I purchased an H100i and two Noctua fans with the intention of doing a push/pull setup with the stock fans on top, and the Noctua fans on the bottom. 

My question is where are folks plugging their fans in with this setup since the cooler itself only has two fan headers coming off of it? Would I just be better off sticking the Noctua fans on the in a pull setup and ditching the idea of 4 fans?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your time :)

Your Welcome

2 hours ago, OsuMasterz said:

Your Welcome

Watched the video before I bought the cooler. Wasn't a fan placement question so much as a question of how to handle the power connections. I had actually decided on trying 4 fans because of that video, but in this thread I learned mixing fans isn't a good idea. 

I don't have a welcome, so I'm not entirely sure where you see it :). Your time is appreciated though.