Need a Router

haven't been on the forum in a long time but i really need a new router because my current one keeps glitching out.

I don't want to spend more than $300, it will be used for mostly common household stuff and minor pc gaming.

there is usually around 11 devices connected to it.

I just need a few solid suggestions, thanks in advance

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

I recently got the TP Link Archer C7. It's got good range and speed for the price. It is faster than my internet at least (60 up and down) with 7+ devices

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

Just now, madscientist56 said:

sorry guess i should have specified, I'm only looking at wireless routers.

No wired devices

http://www.amazon.com/RT-AC68U-Wireless-AC1900-Dual-Band-Gigabit-Router/dp/B00FB45SI4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1458876762&sr=8-1&keywords=asus+68u

and depending on how comfortable you are with routers, update the firmware with

Merlin

and activate all three antenna.

I was at my neighbors 3 houses down tonight and still had 70-80% signal. Granted I have 3 of these routers running.

1 hour ago, madscientist56 said:

haven't been on the forum in a long time but i really need a new router because my current one keeps glitching out.

I don't want to spend more than $300, it will be used for mostly common household stuff and minor pc gaming.

there is usually around 11 devices connected to it.

I just need a few solid suggestions, thanks in advance

If the router itself is dead I'd pair this: http://www.amazon.com/Ubiquiti-Networks-Enterprise-System-UAP-AC-LITE-US/dp/B015PR20GY/

or this: http://www.amazon.com/Ubiquiti-Networks-802-11ac-Dual-Radio-Access/dp/B015PRO512/

With whatever cheapest router you can fine. Unless you have better than 100Mbps internets literally anything will do the job, it doesn't matter. Just spend $20-30 on something. If the issue is just with WiFi? Then don't get the router and just get the access points. Want Gigabit LAN? Grab a cheap gigabit switch while you're there.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing