PC trade for Laptop question

SO! Here is the thing, i am planing to trade my desktop for a gaming laptop, and i got offered a decent laptop and i am seriously thinking about to seal the deal

I'd like to get some second opinions before sealing any deals.

My PC:

I5-2500K @4.5GHz
Crossair H80i 
Asrock z77m micro ATX 
8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
MSI superclocked GTX 770
OCZ Vertex 3 250GB SSD
Samsung 1TB HDD
Coolermaster 850W PSU
Coolermaster elite 130 Case

What i get offered:

Lenovo IdeaPad Y50-70-59444967

Short specs

i7-4720Q

16GB ram

GTX 960M

1TB SSHD (although i hear it is not the fastest around)

1080P ISP matte screen

Now obviously my question is, is it worth it, or should i wait a few days? (just offered my PC today, and within 6 hours, this is the first reply)

The laptop looks nice, has some shoddy wifi, but nothing a usb dongle cannot fix, and the specs are pretty good as well.

I also had offered to a max of 300 euro's for a laptop with a gtx 970m for example, so i am uncertain to wait for that, or just go ahead and save the 300 euro and go for this laptop instead.

The games i am going to play are not that demanding..i think (darksouls 3 is still a mystery to me, but is one of the few games i am going to play this year on PC)

Well firstly now is probably a good time to go for a laptop, the 900 series M GPUs have been the biggest jump in mobile GPU performance in ages.

Secondly with 900 series laptop GPUs their specs are pretty much the model below equivelent on desktop (980M is pretty much the same spec as a 970, 960 to 950 etc). 960M will be able to play most modern games at 1080p with moderate settings. 970M is a good chip, it depends if you can afford the 300 or not.

Also with a laptop you should take into account its portability. <15.5" systems are pretty much mainstream and are fairly easy to cart about. But once you move up to 17" laptops you can get more powerful hardware (most 980M systems are 17") but the majority of the bags and whatnot are "gamer" orientated (read: expensive and designed for 12 year olds) they can also become difficult to lug about if you want to use it for college or work.

PC:

Monolith(Laptop): CPU: i7 5700HQ GPU: GTX 980M 8GB RAM: 2x8GB 1600MHz Storage: 2x128GB Samsung 850 EVO(Raid 0) + 1TB HGST 7200RPM Model: Gigabyte P35XV4 Mouse: Razer Orochi Headset: Turtle Beach Stealth 450

IoT:

Router: Netgear D7000 Nighthawk

NAS: Synology DS218j, 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf

Media Accelerator: Nvidia Shield via Plex

Phone: Sony Xperia X Compact

35 minutes ago, WarWeeny said:

Should probably upgrade the wireless card in it rather than get a USB adapter

In any case, the laptop is fine, GPU is weaker most likely, but if you want portability it shouldn't be too bad. Especially given that the display is not utter crap.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?