Cable News

mathmeister

Not sure if this is the right sub forum but here goes. I kinda convinced my dad to change our internet plan to a higher speed with no landline and cable. Only thing is he watches a lot of news and the most basic cable plan doesn't come with most news stations. Is there anyway to watch all the popular news stations online live? If there is, that would convince him to switch to a internet only plan with higher speeds. Thanks in advancarino :D

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

You could try going directly to the websites for the News stations and see if they have any viewing options. However OTA is a great way to get some TV. If he has a smart TV there might be options for apps. I know Samsung and LG TV's tend to allow you more options. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

3 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

You could try going directly to the websites for the News stations and see if they have any viewing options. However OTA is a great way to get some TV. If he has a smart TV there might be options for apps. I know Samsung and LG TV's tend to allow you more options. 

Generally news coverage via apps/the internet is pretty poor (at least from my experience).

Sling TV or Playstation Vue may also be decent options depending on the pricing of the cable package and if they have the channels he wants. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

Generally news coverage via apps/the internet is pretty poor (at least from my experience).

I dont watch the news. Hell I barley watch TV. The news generally is full of crap any way. 

4 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

I dont watch the news. Hell I barley watch TV. The news generally is full of crap any way. 

If you watch enough you'll usually get a somewhat decent idea of what's going on -- you have to figure all the various bribes and biases cancel out eventually.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

Sling TV or Playstation Vue may also be decent options depending on the pricing of the cable package and if they have the channels he wants. 

2 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

I was browsing Verizon's shitty website and came across their plans. http://fios.verizon.com/fios-plans.html Their marketing is really shit as well. One of their advantages over Comcast is that they deliver the shit DIRECTLY OH WATCH THE FUCK OUT DIRECTLY to your door. Oh and the plans are a shitshow as well because excluding the 4 they advertise there's a $50 50mbps plan.

Went over and looked at Comcast's plans. http://www.xfinity.com/Corporate/shop/productoverview.html Seemed better at first but they run an even bigger shit show. The website looks organized but once you read the fine print you realize the prices are shit. They have a $50+ (+ because of the shit fees they hide in the fine print) 25mbps plan.                                    GOOGLE FUCKING FIBER WHERE YOU AT THOUGH 

Just now, mathmeister said:

Went over and looked at Comcast's plans. http://www.xfinity.com/Corporate/shop/productoverview.html Seemed better at first but they run an even bigger shit show. The website seems better at first but once you read the fine print you realize the prices are shit. GOOGLE FUCKING FIBER WHERE YOU AT THOUGH 

Comcast service isnt bad. However if you have Verizon FIOS then you are on a better connection. Comcast will screw you on price. Also depending on your area will depend on the service quality. On top of the fact there are many markets that Comcast has caps in and they will charge for overages.