Spotify music quality difference?

maremp

I have been checking out what settings does Spotify offer and I have found that I can choose music quality as one of 3 settings:

• Normal (96 kbit/s)
  • High (160 kbit/s)
  • Extreme (320 kbit/s)

I'm not that familiar with these numbers, does the higher quality in this case add any noticeable difference? For streaming I'm obviously using Normal, to save bandwidth, but would I gain anything with higher quality for synced songs?

higher = better and how much of a difference it makes depends on the listener and their audio equipment you are going to have to experiment for yourself and see if it makes enough of a difference for you

4 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

higher = better and how much of a difference it makes depends on the listener and their audio equipment you are going to have to experiment for yourself and see if it makes enough of a difference for you

Obviously. That's not really helpful, I've figured this much myself. But I don't want to be re-downloading 18.7GB (Extreme quality) library in other qualities just to test that, so I've resorted to other solution, knowledge and experience of others. 

For the audio equipment, I'm playing directly from my iphone (no dac) to either Sennheiser Momentum or Apple Earpods.

1 minute ago, maremp said:

Obviously. That's not really helpful, I've figured this much myself. But I don't want to be re-downloading 18.7GB (Extreme quality) library in other qualities just to test that, so I've resorted to other solution, knowledge and experience of others. 

For the audio equipment, I'm playing directly from my iphone (no dac) to either Sennheiser Momentum or Apple Earpods.

with those equipment there might be a difference moving to 160mbit but probably wont be that much moving to 320