After building pc won't turn on

GreenJesus

So I've built my first pc and connected my plugs etc I pressed the power button and nothing happened I believe the problem is where I put my power led on my mobo I have a z97 gaming 5 mobo and I placed my power led in the port just beside the sata ports in a 2 pin port on the left of the msi logo on the mobo I cannot see any other 2 pin ports on my mobo my Power led port ( the one I am connecting to the mobo) has 2 pins ( on it it says power led) and then two other one pin ports coming off the same wire ( two single pin ports one saying positive the other saying negative) sorry for my terrible explanation but please try your best to understand what I'm saying

describe it a bit more - do any light come on, do the fans spin, do you hear a beep? or does it straight up not do anything when you turn it on

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Just now, IMPERIUS said:

describe it a bit more - do any light come on, do the fans spin, do you hear a beep? or does it straight up not do anything when you turn it on

It does nothing just sits there

Is the PSU plugged in and switched on(on the PSU and at the wall)?

Just now, drc00k3 said:

Is the PSU plugged in and switched on(on the PSU and at the wall)?

Yeah it's plugged into an extension which is plugged into the wall

Do was drc00k3 said and if that doesn't work try seeing if all the Front Panel USB, Audio, and Power have been plugged in correctly and are not loose. 

I think I know what you mean does your board have power button on it ? if it does press it if it boots up then you wired up your case buttons and led lights rong .    

Just now, Joey No Salad said:

Do was drc00k3 said and if that doesn't work try seeing if all the Front Panel USB, Audio, and Power have been plugged in correctly and are not loose. 

That's part of my question I a m unsure as to where I should put my power led

There should be some writing on the motherboard by the connector telling you which pins to connect to what.

(Unless you've got that cheap horrible one I've got in my minecraft server, but let's just not talk about that)

Edit: And no, it didn't have a manual. And no, there wasn't documentation *at all* on the internet.

1 minute ago, GreenJesus said:

Take a look in the Motherboard Manual that was included with your motherboard, it should be in there. 

2 minutes ago, GreenJesus said:
Just now, GreenJesus said:

It should be in the motherboard manual

9 minutes ago, GreenJesus said:

So I've built my first pc and connected my plugs etc I pressed the power button and nothing happened I believe the problem is where I put my power led on my mobo I have a z97 gaming 5 mobo and I placed my power led in the port just beside the sata ports in a 2 pin port on the left of the msi logo on the mobo I cannot see any other 2 pin ports on my mobo my Power led port ( the one I am connecting to the mobo) has 2 pins ( on it it says power led) and then two other one pin ports coming off the same wire ( two single pin ports one saying positive the other saying negative) sorry for my terrible explanation but please try your best to understand what I'm saying

check that your front IO panels are all in the right places, check the manual for where they go. I took my PC apart for cleaning and it just turned the fans and everything on, then turned over in a loop.

front IO panels weren't in the order the manual told me, I felt so stupid. 

(I believe they may have to connect to a specific port to, I have a MSI 970 gaming 5 so it's a AMD board but probably very similar, check towards the bottom, down by your power supply.)

1 minute ago, jett473 said:

(I believe they may have to connect to a specific port to, I have a MSI 970 gaming 5 so it's a AMD board but probably very similar, check towards the bottom, down by your power supply.)

this is assuming I'm not a idiot and know my motherboards, but I'd still check if the manual calls for a specific port and order. 

Just now, jett473 said:

check that your front IO panels are all in the right places, check the manual for where they go. I took my PC apart for cleaning and it just turned the fans and everything on, then turned over in a loop.

front IO panels weren't in the order the manual told me, I felt so stupid. 

I am searching the manual for where its how's where the power led is but it only shows msi led and debug led

Just now, jett473 said:

this is assuming I'm not a idiot and know my motherboards, but I'd still check if the manual calls for a specific port and order. 

Front panel connectors have to be in the exact right place. Last time I used an MSI board, front panel connectors were really easy to get wrong.

3 minutes ago, GreenJesus said:

I am searching the manual for where its how's where the power led is but it only shows msi led and debug led

Check all the front panel connectors.

Just now, drc00k3 said:

Front panel connectors have to be in the exact right place. Last time I used an MSI board, front panel connectors were really easy to get wrong.

What should I be looking for in the manual on the led page it only tells me about the msi led and debug led but nothing about the power led

Just now, GreenJesus said:

What should I be looking for in the manual on the led page it only tells me about the msi led and debug led but nothing about the power led

Oh I found it turns out all my less are wrong Ty for the help guys might need some more later though

1 minute ago, GreenJesus said:

A diagram of where the front panel connectors go, the power led should be on there.

16 minutes ago, GreenJesus said:

Oh I found it turns out all my less are wrong Ty for the help guys might need some more later though

no problem, man! just tag me in a comment if you need help with it later c: