Ashes of the Cobalt Smoke [ Build Log ] UPDATED!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

So what does everyone think does it look good 

or is there something I should change? 

It would be a bitch, and I do not know if you would have room, but it would be sick if you could do some pass-through fittings into the PSU basement and have the pump down there. I personally like to hide my pump, but its definitely personal preference. Good build man. 

Rig Specs: 4690k 4.5ghz, gigabyte gtx 970 g1, Crucial 8gb ddr3, Gigabyte z97x-SLI, Corsair RM750 PSU, 1T WD HHD, 240gb Kingston SSD

Water-cooling Components:EK supremecy CPU waterblock, EK WF3 waterblock, Phantom Balancer 250 reservoir, Topsflo DC pump, Mayhem Dye, Mayhem Tubing, XSPC EX360 radiator

12 hours ago, spac3monk said:

It would be a bitch, and I do not know if you would have room, but it would be sick if you could do some pass-through fittings into the PSU basement and have the pump down there. I personally like to hide my pump, but its definitely personal preference. Good build man. 

There is no room in the basement for the pump I tried with the SSD's and HDD cages placed in the bottom there is no room 

On 27/04/2016 at 11:40 PM, ELSknutson said:

There is no room in the basement for the pump I tried with the SSD's and HDD cages placed in the bottom there is no room 

There is, just need to get creative. Last picture on the page:

Looks great! Why did you tape up the Corsair PSU wattage?

2 hours ago, DieHörnær said:

There is, just need to get creative. Last picture on the page:

Looks great! Why did you tape up the Corsair PSU wattage?

I actually took the PSU that was shown out and swapped it with EVGA G2 750 and took off the Sticker on that side.

But I did not like the red lettering showing on the PSU

Also I can't place the pump in the bottom becouse there is 3X2TB HDD's

2 in the cages and 1 between the cage and Powersupply also above them I have 2 more 2.5"SSD's and all my excess cables. So unless I took out the storage in the middle or remove the 3.5 inch bays.I can't move the pump to the bottom.  

14 hours ago, ELSknutson said:

Also I can't place the pump in the bottom becouse there is 3X2TB HDD's

2 in the cages and 1 between the cage and Powersupply also above them I have 2 more 2.5"SSD's and all my excess cables. So unless I took out the storage in the middle or remove the 3.5 inch bays.I can't move the pump to the bottom.  

Mebe some doublesided tape on the back of the mobo tray, thats where my SSDs are. I dunno I reckon your pump position looks good, just different.

On 4/30/2016 at 1:00 AM, DieHörnær said:

Mebe some doublesided tape on the back of the mobo tray, thats where my SSDs are. I dunno I reckon your pump position looks good, just different.

I already have 2 SSd's there so I cant put them there

• 3 months later...

So my mother board in this system is haveing Issues and I plan on swapping it out. When I do this my Plan was to go with an Asus X99 A ll board and change how the bottom tube comes out of the pump and this was going to cost about 

280.00 with shipping and everything. 

Another thought I had was leaving it and just getting an Asus x99 Strix board  this option cost me 320ish Or I could  going with something Like the Tichi board from Asrock and move the pump to the basement and this could cost me 290ish 

What option should I go with I have around 300 to spend on this and would prefure not to go over much. 

On August 25, 2016 at 2:57 PM, ELSknutson said:

So my mother board in this system is haveing Issues and I plan on swapping it out. When I do this my Plan was to go with an Asus X99 A ll board and change how the bottom tube comes out of the pump and this was going to cost about 

280.00 with shipping and everything. 

Another thought I had was leaving it and just getting an Asus x99 Strix board  this option cost me 320ish Or I could  going with something Like the Tichi board from Asrock and move the pump to the basement and this could cost me 290ish 

What option should I go with I have around 300 to spend on this and would prefure not to go over much. 

So I ended up with the Asus X99 Strix Board to me It looked the best and fits the system better.  

So I got the board Installed everything and had to redo most of the runs but it was fairly pain less I also did some thing to make the system look a little cleaner.  And Also looked into moving the pump to the basement but there is not enough room unless I took out the Hard drive cages. 

So I got the board Installed everything and had to redo most of the runs but it was fairly pain less I also did some thing to make the system look a little cleaner.  And Also looked into moving the pump to the basement but there is not enough room unless I took out the Hard drive cages. 

IMG_0861.JPG

IMG_0855.JPG

IMG_0859.JPG

IMG_0898.JPG

• 1 month later...