Internet or hardware issue?

Natty171

Alright i've got a great problem for you guys. So basically here it is, about 2-3 days ago my computer my computer started lagging, audio would stutter, mouse and typing had huge delays, youtube video was unplayable. I checked task manager to see if there were any resource hogs, nothing. I updated my ethernet driver, chrome (uninstalled and reinstalled, even went with the newer beta v50), no improvement, ran 10 speedtests in a row today and got these results: 150,110,30,107,9.3,10,34,30Mbps down, upload is consistent to what i am paying for, download is always all over the place, leading to me thinking the stutter and lag is internet related, but i cannot confirm. Any ideas?

17 minutes ago, Natty171 said:

Alright i've got a great problem for you guys. So basically here it is, about 2-3 days ago my computer my computer started lagging, audio would stutter, mouse and typing had huge delays, youtube video was unplayable. I checked task manager to see if there were any resource hogs, nothing. I updated my ethernet driver, chrome (uninstalled and reinstalled, even went with the newer beta v50), no improvement, ran 10 speedtests in a row today and got these results: 150,110,30,107,9.3,10,34,30Mbps down, upload is consistent to what i am paying for, download is always all over the place, leading to me thinking the stutter and lag is internet related, but i cannot confirm. Any ideas?

Not at all internet related. Your connection is just sh*t. Some things to check are temps, cpu usage, hdd usage, and ram usage.

My native language is C++

hdd usage is next to 0% when im on the internet, memory is around 35%, slowly climbs over the days when i play games, etc. cpu usage is normal (below 20% atm), rarely maxing, temps are in the 30's when not gaming.

Definitely hardware related, sounds like your actuall input / output ports on the MOBO are fucked up in one way or another, try updating the BIOS and drivers for the motherboard and see if that works

i updated a few drivers yesterday, other than that they are all up to date, should i uninstall and reinstall? guess it couldn't hurt.

also, even if my ethernet driver is out of whack causing the low speeds, what is causing the stuttering and mouse/type delay when i start doing many things at once, like for example, if i go and start up a youtube vid, it will begin lagging and audio stuttering instantly, if i go and open another tab, move the mouse or type, its all laggy until i close the video, cpu usage doesnt go much over 50% and ram stays the same, so what drivers could have a part in that, bear in mind the only drivers i have installed were an audio and ethernet driver yesterday, the rest were up to date back in september when i got the board, since its z97 they dont get many updates anymore

alright so an update, videos are still prone to stuttering if i do too much on the comp at once, mouse lags when the video stutters, reinstalled all drivers, checked for bios updates, etc. reset router settings, nothing has changed. My mobo has the killer ethernet adapter in it and its constantly reading 20Mbps download, now if this is all chrome needs for a video then its fine, but speedtest still lists random results. Also, the internet and youtube works fine for around 1-2hrs after a computer restart and i get the full 150Mbps download speeds im supposed to get, so something is slowing the system as time goes on

Isolate the issue.

1. try another device on the same network,

2. Try the same device with different ethernent port.

3. Try different user account,

4. try safemode with network support.

5. try different modem.

etc etc.

Seriously, this is how you TS any (every) issue unless you have a log file that says "It was the Doctor with the wrench in the laboratory."

Now, seeing as your running speed test to get your local connection speed, all that is telling you is that there is one link between your chair and the speedtest.net server that is having the issue. A good step would be to disconnect your Ethernet, turn on your personal hotspot on your phone and try to replicate via that (heck just tether your phone with usb). Issue persists? it is a local issue with that host. Issue goes away? issue is related to your local network.