Build for Basic Computing

jeonjaeng
1 minute ago, Arty said:

do ya need the cpu cooler xD, could save some $$$

As far as i know the skylake CPU's dont come with a cooler, i might be wrong if so i will take it off.

The cooler won't be needed, also that power supply is terrible. I would definitely get something different. You also probably would need a 240 gig SSD at most, so you may be able to lose the HDD. 

Just now, jeonjaeng said:

As far as i know the skylake CPU's dont come with a cooler, i might be wrong if so i will take it off.

as @Aytex more ram

only the K ones don't come with cpu, click on the cpu and scroll to cpu cooler it says "includes cooler" "yes"

2 minutes ago, jeonjaeng said:

Can't remember if they do or not but if they do then yea, I'd drop the cooler. Otherwise the system looks good to me.... Apart from the ram... I'd do like everyone lse says and go ahead and go with the full 8 gigs as it won't hurt. :)

Just now, Arty said:

as @Aytex more ram

only the K ones don't come with cpu, click on the cpu and scroll to cpu cooler it says "includes cooler" "yes"

I got that also since it is just for basic computing i did not see a need for 8 GB. Also its a faster speed ram than normal DDR3

Just now, jeonjaeng said:

I got that also since it is just for basic computing i did not see a need for 8 GB. Also its a faster speed ram than normal DDR3

doesn't matter what your doing

8GB of ram should be standard,

24 minutes ago, jeonjaeng said:

This build is for basic computing and online stuff... What are your thoughts? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xbZPt6

What are you intending to actually do this thing. Is there a specific reason why you are building?

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

Just now, FAQBytes said:

What are you intending to actually do this thing. Is there a specific reason why you are building?

Somebody wanted a custom PC built that was new and that had an SSD, the main use is basic web browsing!

Hmm... Seems overkill to do just basic web browsing. 

Just grab the guts of a W95 computer and put an SSD in it. :3

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

1 minute ago, jeonjaeng said:

I may look into the case however there is no need to get the upgraded ram, no gaming being done on it, also gotta pay for dem taxes

Ya switch the ram. I recommend using the WDCB HDD tho because Barracuda drives are unrealiable and have a bad failure rate. Its like only $4 more so why not. 

Reliable $550 Starter PC (http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KGgpZL) *Just waiting for someone to need help with there ram so I can make a downloadmoreram.com joke*

2 minutes ago, FuriousGamer said:

Ya switch the ram. I recommend using the WDCB HDD tho because Barracuda drives are unrealiable and have a bad failure rate. Its like only $4 more so why not. 

got the hard drive changed, but there is no real big computing being done on the computer so is there really even a need to upgrade the ram, also it will put me over the budget due to taxes... :{ New York State :'(

2 minutes ago, jeonjaeng said:

got the hard drive changed, but there is no real big computing being done on the computer so is there really even a need to upgrade the ram, also it will put me over the budget due to taxes... :{ New York State :'(

You probs should get it though because it will give you alot more performance even in everyday ordinary tasks. 

Reliable $550 Starter PC (http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KGgpZL) *Just waiting for someone to need help with there ram so I can make a downloadmoreram.com joke*

you can spend less if you don't have to play games or do other hard things..

with an ssd even a core2duo will be good , 90% of times when a pc is slow, even with daily tasks, it's because the hdd is slow

Pentium G4400  

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/6qxCsY

or AMD  A8-7600 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WhRhnQ 

in all 2 build i put in a seasonic bronze psu, very reliable.

Intel or AMD is your choice, for that price AMD is a bit better.

Drop the CPU cooler, and get 8gb of ram. The i3-6100 comes with a stock cooler and that is good if your not gaming. Balls I even have a gaming PC that is using the stock cooler and it does not have much different temps then the aftermarket cooler. 

Duh_Tech

I am a computer and aviation enthusiast. I have a good enough PC.