Will the i5 6600k manage streamig?

Go to solution Solved by EarthboundHero,

With OBS you can use the on-board graphics of Intel chips or your GPU to improve streaming. So, you're pretty much fine no matter what these days.

So I am looking to build a new PC mainly to play games, but I would also like to try to try Twitch streaming. I was wondering if the i5 6600k manage to stream in a somewhat high quality. I don't want to spend the extra money on a i7 as later on if I decide I want to do more regular streaming then I will probably build a second streaming PC with a i7. I was also considering the Xeon E3-1231 V3 due to the hyper threading but I also loose most of the overclocking abilities.

Will the i5 work for now and output at least 720p?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

With OBS you can use the on-board graphics of Intel chips or your GPU to improve streaming. So, you're pretty much fine no matter what these days.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Yeah the 6600k is capable of streaming, an i7 would be better but the i5 can do it decently.