Using someone else's Product key

don paul herman pagtama

I just built my computer and I have installed windows 7 on it but the Product key that my auntie gave me doesnt work. I searched around the internet and I found some product keys. Can I use them to my computer? does it have any cons?

A product key can only be attached to 1 computer. If someone else were to use that key, it would be unbound from yours. If a product key is removed from am system, after 30 Days, the OS will auto uninstall. There are places that sell Windows for cheap, and somepeople crack it.

My System:

Intel Core i5-4690k  / Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Asus Z97-AR MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 100me Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 2x4GB DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD / NZXT S340 EVGA SuperNOVA G1 650W / Windows 10 Home 64 / AOC G2460PQU 1080p 144hz / Corsair VOID Wireless RGB Razer Taipan Laser Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 

My Laptop (Asus X55C-DS31):

Intel Core i3-2370M @ 2.4Ghz 6GB RAM / OCZ ARC100 240GB SSD /

My Phone:

OnePlus Three Graphite Black / 64GB

My Watch:

Moto 360 1st Generation

2 minutes ago, don paul herman pagtama said:

I just built my computer and I have installed windows 7 on it but the Product key that my auntie gave me doesnt work. I searched around the internet and I found some product keys. Can I use them to my computer? does it have any cons?

No, no, no. You have to BUY your own key. You can get one pretty cheap here.

1 minute ago, JFischer00 said:

No, no, no. You have to BUY your own key. You can get one pretty cheap here.

There's even a buyers protection for like two or 3 dollars more so if it doesn't work, they'll send you a new one.

You know how it is, the cow goes "moo", the dog goes "woof" and the gamer goes "The PvP is unbalanced."

Spoiler

Personal Computer: CPU: i7-4790 Mobo: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Graphics Card: MSI R9-380  Memory: 16GB (8GB x2) G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series PSU: Apevia Warlock 750W Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Series Storage: 240GB SSD (OS) 3TB HDD (data and such) 500 GB SSD (Movies and Large Data Transfers (I'm constantly moving this one around to other computers))

20 hours ago, tvkicx said:

What does that even? How is advising someone to take the legal route trying to make ourselves look good? Piracy is a criminal offense, FYI, not to mention all that time you waste trying to find a working key.

13 hours ago, don paul herman pagtama said:

You can use them, just keep in mind each key can only be activated a limited number of times (depending on the type of key, you could get 1 or 5 or unlimited activations - However you need a KMS for that last one). You will find that all the keys you google for are either:

1. Trial Keys,

2. Over the activation limit, you need to call MS to get that added to, they may ask for proof of ownership if it appears fishy (i.e. you calling from NZ to re-activate a RUS key).

3. It's an enterprise key, you need a KMS server (yes there are some KMS 'hacks' out there).

If a key is over it's activation limit it wont actual arm the computer, think it is like 6 months later it will reboot every ~2 hours or so.

13 hours ago, BiscuitMassacre said:

A product key can only be attached to 1 computer. If someone else were to use that key, it would be unbound from yours. If a product key is removed from am system, after 30 Days, the OS will auto uninstall. There are places that sell Windows for cheap, and somepeople crack it.

Only partially correct, you need to confirm what each license says you can do. I remember when Vista retail gave you 1 license for a desktop and 1 for a laptop, more recently windows server 2012 does the one license, but Datacenter does unlimited installs per host.

13 hours ago, tvkicx said:

Lol you don't have to buy it, just search on google for keys on which version of Windows you want. There are thousands, and it's not Illegal, and if it is then oh well. All of you people saying Buy It just trying to save your asses and make yourselves look good. lmao I mean if you truly can't find a key then buy it, Windows 10 is only like $20 on Kinguin but it's up to you

It depends where you are to the legality of this. Look, in the long run, just buy it. Fixes so many issues, lets you actually patch your OS without it breaking your 'crack' most people who can't afford it are students and MS will practically give it to you. As to the other keys that you google search for see my response above. Grab it from kinguin or some other shady online re-seller will resolve a lot of issues as well keep in mind half of these keys are fake also, and they'll say your the one who did it wrong, and not issue another key/refund your money, and even then these keys get expired and they are in violation of MS' EULA. So the reason it is recommended to buy a legitimate copy is because you either get it for free from MS or it's like $99. it's nothing. And it means I don't have to deal with idiots wasting my time.

4 hours ago, tvkicx said:

Yes, piracy is illegal but what are they gunna do? Sue and imprison millions or technically half the people using Windows right now? Fuck no, that would cost more money than they would get in return. So as of now, 1 more person using another persons key off of google won't matter so much compared to the other millions doing the same thing.

"technically half" seriously your pulling numbers out your arsehole.