AMD onboard gpu

OSBK

i'm new to AMD systems so i don't know too much, what i'm asking, if you got a AMD motherboard with a8 6600K you'll get the hd8570d right ? but if you put in the fX 8320 which don't have igpu how the onboard gpu would work  ?

Just now, Remon Salazar said:

i'm new to AMD systems so i don't know too much, what i'm asking, if you got a AMD motherboard with a8 6600K you'll get the hd8570d right ? but if you put in the fX 8320 what which don't have igpu how the onboard gpu would work  ?

theres no igpu in the fx processors to drive the graphics, so there would be no output i guess? unless you use a dedicated gpu

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

9 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

theres no igpu in the fx processors to drive the graphics, so there would be no output i guess? unless you use a dedicated gpu

it looks like that AM3 sockets don't have video output at all so there is no onboard gpu which is the opposite for APU series and FM sockets

7 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

There is no onboard GPU.

The A8 processor is an APU, it has a graphics processor built into it (albeit a low end one)

I suggest an i3 setup unless you are on an absolute budget.

Intel's consumer chips all have integrated graphics like AMD's APUs and the latest ones put APUs to shame.

thanks mate. it's not about amd or intel, just getting some infos, i'm thinking to build a cheap AMD system soon just for fun. i already have a Intel build but i didn't try AMD before, i just wanna get some knowledge.LOL

thanks again

11 minutes ago, Remon Salazar said:

it looks like that AM3 sockets don't have video output at all so there is no onboard gpu which is the opposite for APU series and FM sockets

thanks mate. it's not about amd or intel, just getting some infos, i'm thinking to build a cheap AMD system soon just for fun. i already have a Intel build but i didn't try AMD before, i just wanna get some knowledge.LOL

thanks again

I built a cheap amd system, a10 6800k for folding, on igpu and cpu, works well as a space heater.

I7-6700k @ 4.8Ghz, EVGA Z170 Classified, Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8 32 GB, EVGA FTW+ ACX 2.0 GeForce GTX 980ti 6 GB x3, 2Tb WD Black x3, 1Tb Samsung 850 Evo, 400Gb Intel NVME PCIE SSD, Corsair RMx 850w 80+ Gold, Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Brown RGB, SteelSeries Sensei Raw

15 minutes ago, ShiroArikawa said:

I built a cheap amd system, a10 6800k for folding, on igpu and cpu, works well as a space heater.

what can your igpu do ? is it good for some gaming or lets say is it better than intel igpu :P

7 minutes ago, Remon Salazar said:

what can your igpu do ? is it good for some gaming or lets say is it better than intel igpu :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv57qDXpEPU

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

18 minutes ago, Ryoutarou97 said:

not bad att all for igpu, realy !!!

16 minutes ago, DEcobra11 said:

For AM3+ depends on MB, the iGPU is in the chipset

But they're a "no go" for gaming

i thought AM3+ mobos don't have video outputs  ?

11 minutes ago, DEcobra11 said:

Not all of them, only some (best bet is that most of low end have iGPU)

Example: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3

Most common GPUs are ATI HD 3000 and Nvidia 7025

thanks for the info man