Hey Guys! I'm trying to build a console killer, can you help me out?

Alright guys so I've been doing a little bit of research for the past couple of weeks on diy pc building and I'm really interested in it. I've always been interested in building one, just never had the time or the money. I was wandering if anyone could give me an idea of how good the computer components I have been looking are and whether or not they are compatible. I would also appreciate it if anyone could give me an estimation on how efficient these components will be for gaming. I will be playing games like team fortress 2, Witcher 3, Fallout 4 so It would really help if anyone could tell me if the components I have chosen will be up to par for these games. Here are the components. 

Components:

I'm obviously on a budget and I'm trying not to break the bank. If anyone can give me some advice I would greatly appreciate it. -greaser561

if this is your secondary pc just for gaming in the living room, i would go for a smaller ssd instead of the hdd

14 minutes ago, greaser561 said:

Alright guys so I've been doing a little bit of research for the past couple of weeks on diy pc building and I'm really interested in it. I've always been interested in building one, just never had the time or the money. I was wandering if anyone could give me an idea of how good the computer components I have been looking are and whether or not they are compatible. I would also appreciate it if anyone could give me an estimation on how efficient these components will be for gaming. I will be playing games like team fortress 2, Witcher 3, Fallout 4 so It would really help if anyone could tell me if the components I have chosen will be up to par for these games. Here are the components. 

Components:

I'm obviously on a budget and I'm trying not to break the bank. If anyone can give me some advice I would greatly appreciate it. -greaser561

looks good.

also, if ur interested, im trying to get rid of a 750ti from asus, $110 shipped, and a wd 1tb hdd, 50 shipped

22 minutes ago, greaser561 said:

Components:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/n4DTdC
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/n4DTdC/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Pentium G4400 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($58.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI H110I Pro Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($74.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($35.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.49 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 950 2GB Video Card  ($144.99 @ Micro Center)
Case: Thermaltake Core V1 Mini ITX Tower Case  ($42.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($34.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $442.43
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-21 03:11 EDT-0400

Even this would work as an OVERKILL "console killer" lol. Forego the case and put something inside cardboard, and that's the only way you can get something for $300 or so. Find a used card, use a GA-H110M-A, and you're at around $300.

I'm personally putting together this thing as an HTPC/900p gaming rig:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/k9MDpg
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/k9MDpg/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Pentium G4400 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($58.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI H110I Pro Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($74.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($35.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($87.89 @ OutletPC)
Case: Thermaltake Core V1 Mini ITX Tower Case  ($42.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $300.85
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-21 03:12 EDT-0400

Adding an R9 390 and then even later on an i7.

Does your display have freesync?

If it does, then get an AMD GPU, otherwise, you're good.

- just helping out -

16 minutes ago, greaser561 said:

Components:

Looks good, but if you're ok with spending a little more: Get a boot SSD. Will help with load times in games and is generally a lot faster. Upgrade your graphics card to something like a GTX 950 or 960, as the 750 Ti is going to be a little disappointing on gaming performance in the heavier titles. Also that case is not so great. Go for something like a Corsair Vengeance C70 or an NZXT S340 for like $40 more than the one you have for better fan configuration, more features, more expandability and more style.

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

2 minutes ago, Spork829 said:

Looks good, but if you're ok with spending a little more: Get a boot SSD. Will help with load times in games and is generally a lot faster. Upgrade your graphics card to something like a GTX 950 or 960, as the 750 Ti is going to be a little disappointing on gaming performance in the heavier titles. Also that case is not so great. Go for something like a Corsair Vengeance C70 or an NZXT S340 for like $40 more than the one you have for better fan configuration, more features, more expandability and more style.

i agree with u but i think u dont understand that he wants to get as much perfomance as he can spending around 300 $, thats what a console killer pc means

1 minute ago, Atlant said:

i agree with u but i think u dont understand that he wants to get as much perfomance as he can spending around 300 $, thats what a console killer pc means

I understand the concept but don't necessarily think it's the best idea. If he wants this PC to be useful for other stuff and still be relevant for games in a few years it's good to save up and spend a bit more on performance. I especially won't budge on the case, because you can easily do a LOT better than that.

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

27 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

looks good.

also, if ur interested, im trying to get rid of a 750ti from asus, $110 shipped, and a wd 1tb hdd, 50 shipped

I think I'm gonna go with a 950 and a ssd now, but thanks anyway

33 minutes ago, Atlant said:

if this is your secondary pc just for gaming in the living room, i would go for a smaller ssd instead of the hdd

yea that sounds like a much better idea, thank you

25 minutes ago, Spork829 said:

I understand the concept but don't necessarily think it's the best idea. If he wants this PC to be useful for other stuff and still be relevant for games in a few years it's good to save up and spend a bit more on performance. I especially won't budge on the case, because you can easily do a LOT better than that.

Hey thanks a lot for posting on my topic guys, I really do appreciate it. I'm definitely gonna up my budget a little bit if it means I'll be building a more efficient gaming computer with better upgrading capability for the future. I'm gonna start looking for a gtx 950, ssd, and a better case. I thought that case I had on there was a pretty good one though. It had 2,000 positive reviews on new egg, and with the three fans I thought it would be sufficient enough. I'll definitely look at other possible cases though.  

Just now, greaser561 said:

Hey thanks a lot for posting on my topic guys, I really do appreciate it. I'm definitely gonna up my budget a little bit if it means I'll be building a more efficient gaming computer with better upgrading capability for the future. I'm gonna start looking for a gtx 950, ssd, and a better case. I thought that case I had on there was a pretty good one though. It had 2,000 positive reviews on new egg, and with the three fans I thought it would be sufficient enough. I'll definitely look at other possible cases though.  

Just a tip, don't base your case on an extra 3 fans