Mac or Build Windows PC?

Ok. So I have been going back and forth with my friends, co-workers, and everyone about this. I have used both Mac OS X and Windows 10. I am a C and HTML5 programmer, and a csgo player. My current laptop plays games fine, and this new computer won't be used for that. The point of it is I need a computer that I can stick to coding and working on. I can spend $$, so that isn't an issue. So, Should I build a new PC that I can also game on, or buy an iMac, and take advantage of the terminal, xCode, and others Mac OS X features that I almost need, or for $700 build a Windows PC and miss out on those features? 

CEO of DevTech Studios. OS X fanboy, Windows User. Bob Marley. 

I would say because you aren't just coding and you're also doing other stuff like gaming, build the Windows PC.  It's more compatible than a Mac for other programs.

// Floatplane Pilot //

Main Rig:  Motherboard: ASUS H270 - PLUS - CSM | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) | Case: Corsair Carbide Series SPEC - 02 | SSD: ADATA SU800 128GB HDD: WD 1TB Hard Drive | PSU: Corsair CX 550M | CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mechanical | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Sound: Corsair VOID RGB / USB Headset | OS: Windows 10

Laptop:   Razer Blade Stealth 2016

Your post is contradictory. You say that the new computer you get will not be used for gaming, then ask if you should build a gaming PC. Obviously not if the new computer is not primarily for gaming. If your laptop plays CS:GO to your liking then you answered your own question. Just buy a mac and build a gaming PC down the line if you really want one. If you have the money for it regardless it shouldn't be a big deal.

16 minutes ago, DevTechStudios said:

Why don't you just run GNU/Linux with a windows VM for gaming, you can make Linux function pretty much the same as OSX but a bit better with additional tweaks.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

I was going to say that you should go for the Mac, but I re-read your post and see that you are looking at iMac vs PC. The Mac has a huge advantage with OSX because UNIX is great environment for coding.

However, you can very easily dual boot or toss Linux on a separate HDD (just please don't use Ubuntu lol). Windows, OSX, and Linux all support CS:GO just fine, so you're good on that front.

The reliability of the hardware in the Mac will probably be quite good, but with a custom built PC you will be able to fix anything that goes wrong pretty easily.

In my opinion, going with a Mac would make more sense if you were looking at a Macbook Pro, but if you're looking at desktops, a PC is much more versatile.

Get a windows PC. If you really want Mac that bad, do a dual boot setup with OS X. Linux would be nice too!