4K content on TVs vs PCs

Thony
Go to solution Solved by Moonzy,
4 minutes ago, Thony said:

How on earth do TVs handle 4K videos

they dont even need to do anything, they just receive data and display onto the screen :I

while your cpu needs to translate different file types(.mp4, .wav, .mkv) into the signals being sent to your monitor/tv

When I watch 4K Youtube video at 60fps my CPU usage skyrockets to 70%+ and I have fairly high end i7 chip.

How on earth do TVs handle 4K videos ??????? Can someone explain ?

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

4 minutes ago, Thony said:

How on earth do TVs handle 4K videos

they dont even need to do anything, they just receive data and display onto the screen :I

while your cpu needs to translate different file types(.mp4, .wav, .mkv) into the signals being sent to your monitor/tv

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

8 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

They have to do exactly the same, but they are having hardware decoders built in,

Using DXVA2 on PC for h265 4k60 decoding needs only little ressources.  

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

GPU does most of 4K transcoding

If you watch 4K video on CPU and crap GPU its gonna lag

If you watch 4K video on CPU and nice GPU its going to be best

If you watch 4K video on crap CPU and nice GPU then the space would explode because crap CPU bottlenecks nice GPU

Its all a guess so don't hate me for what i said