I am finishing a new build and need a way to monitor the temps of the GPU, and CPU. I've seen some programs used by LTT but never got the name of them (those who work at LMG feel free to jump in). I also need programs to stress test the system to make sure its ok, and to make sure i have a pig enough power supply. This is my first build go easy on me. link to build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KVDmyc

You are spending a load on the fans they don't do a great deal of difference, stick with the stock fans and get a 980ti.

Also I'm pretty sure you can find cheaper wireless adopters that are cheap enough.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

55 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

You are spending a load on the fans they don't do a great deal of difference, stick with the stock fans and get a 980ti.

Also I'm pretty sure you can find cheaper wireless adopters that are cheap enough.

everything has been bought and is on the way. but with in 3 to 5 months i will be upgrading to a Titan X i got all this in a hurry to have a good gaming pc compared to my craptop.. laptop.

5 minutes ago, Tonaga said:

everything has been bought and is on the way. but with in 3 to 5 months i will be upgrading to a Titan X i got all this in a hurry to have a good gaming pc compared to my craptop.. laptop.

Don't upgrade to a Titan X, performs like a 980ti in benchmarks and costs 350 dollars more, the 980ti isn't that much faster to warrant a upgrade so stick with the 980.

Pascal laptops guide

You can use HWmonitor and MSI afterburner for monitoring temperatures.

Pascal laptops guide

3 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Don't upgrade to a Titan X, performs like a 980ti in benchmarks and costs 350 dollars more, the 980ti isn't that much faster to warrant a upgrade so stick with the 980.

ok thanks for the info

2 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

You can use HWmonitor and MSI afterburner for monitoring temperatures.

from the desktop? also have two thermo probe I can put on the CPU. and i want one on the GPU card just dont know where to put it. i can set it to alarm at a certian temp. what about stress testing?

1 minute ago, Tonaga said:

from the desktop? also have two thermo probe I can put on the CPU. and i want one on the GPU card just dont know where to put it. i can set it to alarm at a certian temp. what about stress testing?

Wouldn't bother placing probes since they probably already have ones, just use the programs from the desktop like afterburner and HWmonitor. I don't know much about stress testing programs.

Pascal laptops guide

1 minute ago, Castdeath97 said:

Wouldn't bother placing probes since they probably already have ones, just use the programs from the desktop like afterburner and HWmonitor. I don't know much about stress testing programs.

Ok. what would be a acceptable temp on a CPU, GPU and would a 850W PSU be enough for this build the graphic card said a min of 600w  for it alone it has 2 6 pin plugins for power.

Just now, Tonaga said:

Ok. what would be a acceptable temp on a CPU, GPU and would a 850W PSU be enough for this build the graphic card said a min of 600w  for it alone it has 2 6 pin plugins for power.

850W is way more than enough for the system, even more than enough for SLI. Your system is very unlikely to even cross the 400W mark.

I wouldn't worry much about temps, as long as the graphics card and the CPU don't go over 90 (which is unlikely with the coolers they have) they will be fine, ideally keep the CPU and GPU under 80 degrees (which isn't to stay on even with overclocking since the 980 is a cool card and the i7 is well cooled with the noctua).

Pascal laptops guide

1 minute ago, Castdeath97 said:

850W is way more than enough for the system, even more than enough for SLI. Your system is very unlikely to even cross the 400W mark.

I wouldn't worry much about temps, as long as the graphics card and the CPU don't go over 90 (which is unlikely with the coolers they have) they will be fine, ideally keep the CPU and GPU under 80 degrees (which isn't to stay on even with overclocking since the 980 is a cool card and the i7 is well cooled with the noctua).

ok ya im far to new at this to even think about overclocking maybe the next build when i do a custom water cooling loop.