PC Rebuild Help

Go to solution Solved by HPWebcamAble,

Blue / White / Black is a simple color scheme to go with, that's what I plan on doing.

You may want to have a 'unique' color scheme but the problem is, at some point you'd have to paint parts yourself.

So regarding the parts:

Unless you have FILLED your current storage, you don't need 5 TB of storage. A 500 GB SSD and 2 TB HDD should be fine.

Nor do you need 32 TB of ram, except in rare circumstances. 16 GB is good.

The PSU is WAY overkill, but you already have it so might as well use it.

PC Colour Choice  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which colour theme should I go with for my PC rebuild?

• Black/Blue
    • White/Blue
    • Silver/Blue
    • Other (please comment below)

Greetings,

Not sure if this belong here or in another subforum, so let me know if I dun goofed.

Over the next few months I'm planning to rebuild my main desktop to give it a bit more personality and suit my needs better.

Here is what I have so far: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/gsTFFT

Here is what I plan to have right now: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/chY4K8 (Note: the 3 Noctua fans are LTT editions)

My plan to make the build not only silent, but also give it somewhat of a colour theme.

The problem I'm running into is that I'm not sure what theme I should go with.

Now while I know that this is mostly a personal choice, I'd like some advice on which would (hopefully) look better.

The case is pretty much set, since the Define R5 suits my needs perfectly.

The question is: which colour should I choose?

Blue is going to be a recurring secondary colour, so that is set too. (though I could change it to primary if someone can suggest a case/mod)

Right now I'm thinking of getting the Blackout build since black/blue would be easy and somewhat suit my setup already. But that seems a bit too...easy. I've seen a few of them around and I would prefer to have something a bit more unique (though I think that might be near impossible).

I was thinking white/blue since that looks quite nice and it would match one of my favourite characters (Vinyl Scratch), though it doesn't quite suit me personally as much.

The other option would be silver/titanium and blue which would provide a balance of sorts between the former 2, but I've found it's much harder to build around that.

If you can suggest any parts to go along with your choice, that would be great as well.

Let me know which one you think I should choose below, or if there is another option I missed.

Any advice is appreciated,

Regards,

LoT /)

Blue / White / Black is a simple color scheme to go with, that's what I plan on doing.

You may want to have a 'unique' color scheme but the problem is, at some point you'd have to paint parts yourself.

So regarding the parts:

Unless you have FILLED your current storage, you don't need 5 TB of storage. A 500 GB SSD and 2 TB HDD should be fine.

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

1 hour ago, HPWebcamAble said:

So regarding the parts:

Sounds like a good idea, just not too sure what combination to go with (i.e. which parts are what colour)

That's what I was also thinking about it being unique, and I don't really have to facilities or space to paint anything myself, so that won't be happening. Plus, I'm not that creative when it comes to designing things.

Parts:

The 3TB I run now is about half full and I plan to fill it some more in the future, so I'd like to have equal or more space when I replace it.

The 1TB SSD is to merge my C and Program drives, more so for Steam so I don't have to worry about how many games I have installed. Was thinking of getting an M.2 with the new board but I've realised it wouldn't make much of a difference with gaming.

While running 16GB now I typically reach around 60-70% RAM usage daily with games and browsers running, occasionally reaching 80-90% (so many Chrome tabs, so little time). This why I wanted to upgrade to 32GB, to avoid any potential issues, especially when I get a 3rd monitor and will be more running. (Better to have and not need it, I suppose?)

And yes, I know the PSU is overkill (at least, now I do). When I built this system I had planned to go SLI eventually and this was a way of "future-proofing" it. In hindsight, I realise that it was unnecessary, though I may replace it for a more quiet one at some point.

7 hours ago, LordOfTime94 said:

Sounds like a good idea, just not too sure what combination to go with (i.e. which parts are what colour)

That's what I was also thinking about it being unique, and I don't really have to facilities or space to paint anything myself, so that won't be happening. Plus, I'm not that creative when it comes to designing things.

Parts:

The 3TB I run now is about half full and I plan to fill it some more in the future, so I'd like to have equal or more space when I replace it.

The 1TB SSD is to merge my C and Program drives, more so for Steam so I don't have to worry about how many games I have installed. Was thinking of getting an M.2 with the new board but I've realised it wouldn't make much of a difference with gaming.

While running 16GB now I typically reach around 60-70% RAM usage daily with games and browsers running, occasionally reaching 80-90% (so many Chrome tabs, so little time). This why I wanted to upgrade to 32GB, to avoid any potential issues, especially when I get a 3rd monitor and will be more running. (Better to have and not need it, I suppose?)

And yes, I know the PSU is overkill (at least, now I do). When I built this system I had planned to go SLI eventually and this was a way of "future-proofing" it. In hindsight, I realise that it was unnecessary, though I may replace it for a more quiet one at some point.

If you really need the extra storage and ram, then fair enough.

Here's a build I've been thinking about: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/HPWebcamAble/saved/kxKzK8

(Some of the parts don't seem to be available in the UK)

I picked out parts that are mostly blue, black, and white. The other parts should be hidden in the completed build.

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

3 hours ago, HPWebcamAble said:

If you really need the extra storage and ram, then fair enough.

Here's a build I've been thinking about: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/HPWebcamAble/saved/kxKzK8

(Some of the parts don't seem to be available in the UK)

I picked out parts that are mostly blue, black, and white. The other parts should be hidden in the completed build.

Nice.

That looks pretty good, though I think I'm going to reverse the main colours for mine (black case with blue/white components)

Thanks for the suggestion.