Nvidia video drivers crashing

Alright so the problem here is that my video drivers keep crashing everyday on Counter Strike: Global Offensive and in Grand Theft Auto V, i haven't had this problem in any other games so far.

I just play the game normally and suddenly the drivers crash and they might start back up after 15-30 seconds and maybe if i'm lucky i manage to play 5 minutes after that and it keeps crashing over and over again, until it just freezes completely and i have to restart my PC, however after restarting the PC the drivers haven't crashed anymore, i reinstalled nvidia drivers completely, removed them with DDU.

This started happening few months ago, it was fine until that.

-Sorry if this isn't the right section-

Specs

Win 10 64bit

i7-4790k

evga gtx 670 2gb

some shitty 700w psu

16gb ram

asus z97-a motherboard

NVIDIA Driver version is the latest.

What kinda crash? freeze? black screen? error code? Is it crash to desktop or require a hard boot? Sometimes graphics drivers can corrupt Windows and require a clean install of windows. This happened to me a while back, I thought my GPU was toast but a fresh install did the trick.

1 minute ago, adamjp said:

What kinda crash? freeze? black screen? error code? Is it crash to desktop or require a hard boot? Sometimes graphics drivers can corrupt Windows and require a clean install of windows. This happened to me a while back, I thought my GPU was toast but a fresh install did the trick.

Well it freezes for like 15-30 seconds and after that the drivers come back on for awhile but they crash within the next 5 mins again, and it keeps doing that until the drivers don't start up anymore and i have to do a hard boot.

No error code except something like Nvidia video drivers have crashed bla bla bla

1 minute ago, KookosPahkina said:

Well it freezes for like 15-30 seconds and after that the drivers come back on for awhile but they crash within the next 5 mins again, and it keeps doing that until the drivers don't start up anymore and i have to do a hard boot.

No error code except something like Nvidia video drivers have crashed bla bla bla

Did you OC? If so, remove it.

If not, apply -50 core and -100 on RAM and see if it solves the issue.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

7 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

Did you OC? If so, remove it.

If not, apply -50 core and -100 on RAM and see if it solves the issue.

No OC, and not sure what you mean with -50 ore and -100ram, could you explain a bit?

Just now, KookosPahkina said:

No OC, and not sure what you mean with -50 ore and -100ram, could you explain a bit?

OC your card, but instead of making it faster, make it slower, by reducing the core and RAM frequencies. Also known as underclock.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Quick question witch version of driver's are using?  And are running a multi monitor setup? 

If its the latest NVidia 1s then I had a problem with my brand new 980ti and basically I had to uninstall the drivers then reinstall them. Since then I have had no issues.

19 hours ago, dubdub said:

Quick question witch version of driver's are using?  And are running a multi monitor setup? 

364.51 and yes running 2 monitors in total

21 hours ago, Imakuni said:

OC your card, but instead of making it faster, make it slower, by reducing the core and RAM frequencies. Also known as underclock.

Played CSGO for 1hour without crashes so far.. if this worked, is there a problem with my gpu or?

56 minutes ago, KookosPahkina said:

Played CSGO for 1hour without crashes so far.. if this worked, is there a problem with my gpu or?

It's possible, A graphics card can degrade over time. If you continue to run it underclocked you can probably get some more life out of it. If you want more performance you can try boosting the power limit or the GPU voltage to achieve stable stock speeds but this could result in the graphics card dying faster than it would otherwise.

34 minutes ago, adamjp said:

It's possible, A graphics card can degrade over time. If you continue to run it underclocked you can probably get some more life out of it. If you want more performance you can try boosting the power limit or the GPU voltage to achieve stable stock speeds but this could result in the graphics card dying faster than it would otherwise.

How long GPU's usually last for? I believe i've had mine for 3years now

6 hours ago, KookosPahkina said:

How long GPU's usually last for? I believe i've had mine for 3years now

It varies, most are good for at least 5 years, but needing more voltage to hold the same clock speed is a sign of degration. 670 is starting to get old now and it could be your "shitty" PSU to blame. Did check your temps while under load?

8 hours ago, adamjp said:

It varies, most are good for at least 5 years, but needing more voltage to hold the same clock speed is a sign of degration. 670 is starting to get old now and it could be your "shitty" PSU to blame. Did check your temps while under load?

It's running at 71ºc/160ºf

Temps are fine, might be time for an upgrade soon :-) And I highly recommend you get a decent PSU.