I have run out of USB 2.0 ports on my Z87 Sabertooth. Need to hook up H100i and AX860i

98Redbird

Hey guys, maybe I'm missing something here, and if this is on the wrong section, I apologize. But I have a Sabertooth Z87 board and am pretty much done wiring most of it, just waiting on a few more things.

I am running an Corsair 860i and a CPU cooler H100i, both of which use USB 2.0 for CorsairLink, which I would like to use.

I hooked up one USB header to my 2 USB ports on the front of the case. This, apparently only leaves me with one left on the board. And I want to hook up both the H100i and 860i.

How do I do this?

Is there some kind of adapter that I can hook the USB female portion of the header up to a traditional USB that I can plug into a port on the rear I/O?

Or is there a way that I can jump the H100i and 860i into using only 1 USB header? I would rather do this as the other way sounded pretty ghetto, and I have a lot of money in this build and want to keep it as clean as possible.

Thanks!

4770k@4.7Ghz--Asus Sabertooth Z87--(2)GTX SC 780 (SLI)--Corsair Vengeance 16GB--Corsiar 860i--Samsung SSD 128GB X 2--Corsair 900d--Custom Water Cooled

Hey guys, maybe I'm missing something here, and if this is on the wrong section, I apologize. But I have a Sabertooth Z87 board and am pretty much done wiring most of it, just waiting on a few more things.

I am running an Corsair 860i and a CPU cooler H100i, both of which use USB 2.0 for CorsairLink, which I would like to use.

I hooked up one USB header to my 2 USB ports on the front of the case. This, apparently only leaves me with one left on the board. And I want to hook up both the H100i and 860i.

How do I do this?

Is there some kind of adapter that I can hook the USB female portion of the header up to a traditional USB that I can plug into a port on the rear I/O?

Or is there a way that I can jump the H100i and 860i into using only 1 USB header? I would rather do this as the other way sounded pretty ghetto, and I have a lot of money in this build and want to keep it as clean as possible.

Thanks!

You can indeed use just one usb port. With your 860i you have two cables, one connecting to the power supply and a sort of adapter converting it into a standard usb port. Don't use this adapter, instead connect the 860i to the side of the h100i, you will notice a spot for it I believe its underneath the USB port. Then plug the h100i into the USB header. So essentially the h100i is a hub for corsair link.

I've done a similar thing with a 760i and h100i. 

Edit: Here is a picture of where to connect it: http://www.overclockersclub.com/vimages/news/news33063_7-corsair_launches_new_hydro_h100i_and_h80i_liquid_cpu_coolers.jpg

I thought the Sabertooth had like two or three USB headers?

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

You can indeed use just one usb port. With your 860i you have two cables, one connecting to the power supply and a sort of adapter converting it into a standard usb port. Don't use this adapter, instead connect the 860i to the side of the h100i, you will notice a spot for it I believe its underneath the USB port. Then plug the h100i into the USB header. So essentially the h100i is a hub for corsair link.

I've done a similar thing with a 760i and h100i. 

Edit: Here is a picture of where to connect it: http://www.overclockersclub.com/vimages/news/news33063_7-corsair_launches_new_hydro_h100i_and_h80i_liquid_cpu_coolers.jpg

Cosmos, thank you!

I actually just found this information too on Corsair's website, I wondered what that port was earlier when I was installing it.

This site is awesome! So helpful

4770k@4.7Ghz--Asus Sabertooth Z87--(2)GTX SC 780 (SLI)--Corsair Vengeance 16GB--Corsiar 860i--Samsung SSD 128GB X 2--Corsair 900d--Custom Water Cooled

Cosmos, thank you!

I actually just found this information too on Corsair's website, I wondered what that port was earlier when I was installing it.

This site is awesome! So helpful

No worries, I had to figure it out myself without the help of the forums, this can save you a lot of time.