Planning a build.

Backeskk

I am wanting some insight on the gaming build below. First what manufacturer is good for the 970 I see many different kinds and I don't know what the differences are. Next cooling, I know the case has fans and I have a CPU cooler selected. I want to know if it will all be enough. Will it be too loud? Would a liquid cooler be a better fit? This is my very first time building, so any suggestion on power supply, memory, or anything would be appreciated.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YsjZgs

It's a great build! though i would for a better power supply but i'm no expert so maybe someone here can help him out on that one!

Hope this helps :P

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

Definitely a better PSU. Either a 500W SeaSonic or XFX PSU, or if you can afford it and want the best of the best, the EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2.

Personally, I'd go for the beQuiet! Pure Rock over the Hyper 212 EVO for slightly less noise.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

3 minutes ago, Backeskk said:

I am wanting some insight on the gaming build below. First what manufacturer is good for the 970 I see many different kinds and I don't know what the differences are. Next cooling, I know the case has fans and I have a CPU cooler selected. I want to know if it will all be enough. Will it be too loud? Would a liquid cooler be a better fit? This is my very first time building, so any suggestion on power supply, memory, or anything would be appreciated.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YsjZgs

if you want a silent high performing cooler, the NH-D15 is your choice

if you want a good looking cooler? the dark rock pro 3

if you dont mind liquid being in your system, get a dual rad AIO like the h100i or h110i

get a 390 if you dont need nvidia's features, its cheaper and perform better

get a better psu, i recommend the EVGA Supernova G2 550W

you can get windows by other cheaper means

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

If you care about your electricity bill, get a better psu. 80+ gold will have much better power efficiency and will not be a much higher investment. I wouldn't recommend platinum, it costs too much for the benefit you get over gold. Other than that, it's awesome build.