Graphic card Black screen force restart.

ozisike

Hello my cards been crashing my computer, I know its the card cause when i put another card in i dont get the crash AT ALL! I recently contacted sapphire support and they gave me 2 files,

(324P060U.X5Z) and (324P0600x5z) Along with ATIflash, What am i supose to do with that? lol im really confused.

Are you doing an overclock on the card? 
if so try running it at stock to see if it fixes the problem
Does the crash only happen when using a certain program? 

I RMA'd my GPU thinking it was the card, but even with the new card, when i went back and played the same game it still crashed with or without a gpu OC. All other programs were fine so I'm fairly certain that the program and my card didn't get along. That was my experience with the same style black screen crashes atleast...

Just now, The_KIASER said:

Are you doing an overclock on the card? 
if so try running it at stock to see if it fixes the problem
Does the crash only happen when using a certain program? 

I RMA'd my GPU thinking it was the card, but even with the new card, when i went back and played the same game it still crashed with or without a gpu OC. All other programs were fine so I'm fairly certain that the program and my card didn't get along. That was my experience with the same style black screen crashes atleast...

i didnt oc it, it happens randomly, Mostly when on games though.

My game of destruction was Metro and Metro last light. They did not like my R9 390. What games for you?

Can be your Power supply. Does the crash happen when not gaming?

Youtube Gaming Channel : International Gaming Forum (IGF) : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3kAr9J4RlOjuRVmoBRu5fQ

Intel Core i7 6700k   I   Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 Motherboard   I   Gskill Ripjaws V F4 3000Mhz 16GB RAM   I   Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming   I   Samsung 850 Evo M.2 SSD

I   Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SATA SSD   I   Seagate 4TB Mechanical HDD   I   Antec H2O 1250 CPU Liquid Cooler   I   NZXT Source 530 Full Tower Chassis   I   Mad Catz Cyborg V7 Gaming Keyboard   

I   Mad Catz M.M.O.T.E Gaming Mouse   I     So Basically, Oculus Ready!

3 minutes ago, Chirag Borawake said:

True, didn't really consider that the card might not be getting enough power...

Whats your build?

16 hours ago, The_KIASER said:

True, didn't really consider that the card might not be getting enough power...

Whats your build?

I have listed the components in my signature! What is yours?

Youtube Gaming Channel : International Gaming Forum (IGF) : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3kAr9J4RlOjuRVmoBRu5fQ

Intel Core i7 6700k   I   Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 Motherboard   I   Gskill Ripjaws V F4 3000Mhz 16GB RAM   I   Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming   I   Samsung 850 Evo M.2 SSD

I   Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SATA SSD   I   Seagate 4TB Mechanical HDD   I   Antec H2O 1250 CPU Liquid Cooler   I   NZXT Source 530 Full Tower Chassis   I   Mad Catz Cyborg V7 Gaming Keyboard   

21 minutes ago, Chirag Borawake said:

sometimes yea

16 hours ago, ozisike said:

You are running all of that on a  80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply? That's the deal where you got it wrong man. Considering the 390 is not as power efficient as a 970, you are gonna have to go for a biger PSU. Corsair AX 760i is my recommendation, 80+ platinum, and digital, fully modular, unless you are thinking of doing a Crossfire setup.

33 minutes ago, Chirag Borawake said:

You are running all of that on a  80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply? That's the deal where you got it wrong man. Considering the 390 is not as power efficient as a 970, you are gonna have to go for a biger PSU. Corsair AX 760i is my recommendation, 80+ platinum, and digital, fully modular, unless you are thinking of doing a Crossfire setup.

It was fine for like 5 months, guess it fucked up lol ima buy a new one

16 hours ago, ozisike said:

It was fine for like 5 months, guess it fucked up lol ima buy a new one

Yes, but before buying a new one, see if you can borrow a power supply from some of your friends, and connect it. See if it works properly, because the problem can be as tiny as 'power cable not connected correctly' or 'temperature settings in your BIOS could have been set up to a  maximum "blah blah" degrees celcius, and computer force restarts as soon as your components reach that temperature. I have the same motherboard. 

Do one thing, boot up into bios, and load all optimal default settings as your current settings. Then boot your computer again and see if the problem is still there. 

Keep us posted.

36 minutes ago, Chirag Borawake said:

Yes, but before buying a new one, see if you can borrow a power supply from some of your friends, and connect it. See if it works properly, because the problem can be as tiny as 'power cable not connected correctly' or 'temperature settings in your BIOS could have been set up to a  maximum "blah blah" degrees celcius, and computer force restarts as soon as your components reach that temperature. I have the same motherboard. 

Do one thing, boot up into bios, and load all optimal default settings as your current settings. Then boot your computer again and see if the problem is still there. 

Keep us posted.

Yeah i reinstalled windows and reset all to default and crash lol

14 hours ago, ozisike said:

Yeah i reinstalled windows and reset all to default and crash lol

Ok, can you borrow a power supply from a friend of yours? See if someone has a 700 or 750 watt PSU, and then try on that one.

5 hours ago, Chirag Borawake said:

Ok, can you borrow a power supply from a friend of yours? See if someone has a 700 or 750 watt PSU, and then try on that one.

Sadly i just moved and know no one around here :/ I got a RMA so i can send the card back, If it still crashes ill just by another psu. Can you help me find anti static bags? i cant find any for cheap, my card is 12 1/2 x 5