Safe Overclock For G3258

So I've got a G3258 with the stock cooler. I've watched numerous videos regarding this chip and I was wondering what would be the safest clock for this chip with the stock cooler? I've seen a video where they overclocked it to 4.6GHz and then there was another one where they said that 4GHz would be the safest limit. I was just wondering as I do want to get as much performance out of it as my PC is budget oriented.

As long as you keep your temps in check (Personally I set myself at a max of 80C) and voltage (1.3v max for 24/7 overclock personally) you will be fine.

widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale

1 minute ago, ChronicGenocide said:

As long as you keep your temps in check (Personally I set myself at a max of 80C) and voltage (1.3v max for 24/7 overclock personally) you will be fine.

I run at 4.7 Ghz and at 78 to 82 degrees under full load. i assume thats ok?

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

if you plan to use it for a while, keep the voltage under 1.35V and load temps under 80°C for continual use

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

5 minutes ago, DrM said:

if you plan to use it for a while, keep the voltage under 1.35V and load temps under 80°C for continual use

Thanks, I'll try it out

8 minutes ago, ChronicGenocide said:

Yeah, I plan to keep the clock permanent so I'll keep that in mind

22 minutes ago, Whoopsie988 said:

So I've got a G3258 with the stock cooler. I've watched numerous videos regarding this chip and I was wondering what would be the safest clock for this chip with the stock cooler? I've seen a video where they overclocked it to 4.6GHz and then there was another one where they said that 4GHz would be the safest limit. I was just wondering as I do want to get as much performance out of it as my PC is budget oriented.

I ran mine at 4.4GHz, 1.36v. Temps peaked during stress tests between 75-78C, and I had a huge voltage wall between me and 4.5GHz (wouldn't stand up to more than a few minutes of stress testing at my max comfortable voltage of 1.4v). Basically, keep your stress peaks under 85C and your voltage somewhere in the 1.3v-1.4v range (lower is better for a 24/7 daily driver) and you're fine.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.