Fan controller.

xgn
Go to solution Solved by W-L,
10 minutes ago, xgn said:

Hello i ordered a fan controller. I vent with thermaltake commander ft. Because i like the design. Also cheaper than similiar products.

So if a fan is rated as starting voltage 7v is that the lowest you can set it? Or do you control it by wattage?  Also can i use a fan splitter on the controller if i have more than 5 fans?

I actually only need to control 5 of them the other 2 i can use a 7v adapter IF they are too loud will see once i got it setup.

7V starting means it's lowest voltage it can start running at as it will not be able to overcome the initial torque needed, for 3 pin fans they will be voltage controlled. For splitters you can use them directly to the motherboard or fan controller but make sure you don't exceed the amperage of the header for motherboards a good rule of thumb is 3-4 fans per header. 

Hello i ordered a fan controller. I vent with thermaltake commander ft. Because i like the design. Also cheaper than similiar products.

So if a fan is rated as starting voltage 7v is that the lowest you can set it? Or do you control it by wattage?  Also can i use a fan splitter on the controller if i have more than 5 fans?

I actually only need to control 5 of them the other 2 i can use a 7v adapter IF they are too loud will see once i got it setup.

9 minutes ago, xgn said:

normally fan controller controls by volt,

by controlling voltage, you control wattage

they're both somewhat linked together

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

10 minutes ago, xgn said:

7V starting means it's lowest voltage it can start running at as it will not be able to overcome the initial torque needed, for 3 pin fans they will be voltage controlled. For splitters you can use them directly to the motherboard or fan controller but make sure you don't exceed the amperage of the header for motherboards a good rule of thumb is 3-4 fans per header.