NVIDIA Driver Problem

Rukeith

So a few days ago, my computer started locking up at random moments forcing me to restart my PC. After reading about the bad beta drivers, I used DDU to uninstall everything and used the previous ver 362.00 instead. But for whatever reason, NVIDIA Control Panel vanished from my desktop right click and the GeForce Experience refuses to open at start up. So after this mess, I:

1. Disabled internet and auto-driver updates
2. Used DDU in Safe Mode to uninstall NVIDIA Drivers and restarted my computer
3. Used CCleaner to fix registry problems and restarted my computer again
4. In different attempts, tried installing 364.51, 362.00, 361.91 and 361.75 drivers.

And even after all of this, the same problem persists. I have absolutely no NVIDIA Control Panel, GeForce Experience doesn't open at startup and programs such as NVIDIA Inspector, don't even recognize my GTX 780 anymore (I have an exclamation mark next to it in Device Manager). A funny thing happens in GeForce Experience where it shows an update for 364.51 but when I install it and restart my computer, it STILL shows that update and downloads it again... IDFK anymore. Sorry for the long paragraphs, but I think I might as well start with a fresh install of windows (when in doubt, re-install windows)

Did you try to put a check on the "clean install" option while installing the NVIDIA drivers?

Just now, ModuleLFS said:

Did you try to check the "clean install" options while installing the NVIDIA drivers?

I did yes.

have you checked the card ? you may need to take it out then put it back in. may help as for the question mark in device manager ,hmm go into properties and see if it says device working properly ,since you are still able to use windows i suggest starting from the start ,have a HHD to back up all you're stuff ,write down you're passwords make sure you have everything saved. ill say it again Make Sure to SAVE EVERYTHING. ok now re-install windows ,re-install everything. & use 362.00 Now do this ONLY if nothing else works. im thinking you may have an issue with you're card. I hope not but that Yellow question mark in device manager means either 2 things the program or the card it self it crapped out. But all the best. I could be wrong and i hope i am.

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.300V | P-Core 5.6GHZ | E-Core 3.9GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w

Well, clean installed Windows 10 and still getting issues... When i check it out in Device Manager, it shows under Device status "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)." and under events has "Device PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1004&SUBSYS_07843842&REV_A1\4&3834d97&0&0008 requires further installation."

So no one has ever encountered the Code 43 error before?

UPDATE: Well, I believe my GTX 780 has actually become faulty. I tried switching PCI-E slots on my computer, still same issues. So instead I installed my 650, it installed drivers and works perfectly. No error 43, everything nvidia related is now visible and usable.