A little help for a beginner?

See i'm on a little tight budget. And i wanna build a server mainly for storage, I literally know very little on servers. Can someone direct me to a video or something explaining most of it? And how to build it? I'm planning on building this 

http://thehomeserverblog.com/esxi-storage/building-a-homemade-san-on-the-cheap-32tb-for-1500/

And how to set it up? Like how can i access files from it and write on it from... Lets say a laptop on my network

That parts list is quite outdated. You are just starting out, so I would recommend searching around on youtube for some videos explaining the basics of networking/servers. If you want to get a nas, I would say start out by NOT building it. Custom nas boxes are more for the people who know about networking/servers.

My native language is C++

I agree with reading up first, always a great idea.

If you wanna dive in it's probably not a bad idea to start very small. My first "file server" was on a Raspberry Pi. Not high end by any means but really good practice and you'll learn a lot about what you want to make and how you'll get there.

Intel Celeron 2.4Ghz - 16GB DDR4 RAM - 980 ti