NOX HUMMER H212 vs COOLER MASTER HYPER T4

josalhor

Hi guys!

Context: I'm an owner of an FX-6300, currently using a Cooler Master Hyper TX3, really unhappy with it. I share the room with another person and we both agree my computer is too loud. I know that my computer was going to be loud, but that's too much for idle. Indeed I decided the parts like 2 years ago and I didn't know what I was doing, today I realize that was a bad choice. The TX3 gives 30 dBA with 43.1 CFM, too loud with not that much air. Today I opened the case, I clean it internally around six months but today I decided to check why it was so loud, apart from the dust from the last time I cleaned it I realized the fan was in the opposite direction that should be, it is like giving air to the inside while I have the fan that came with the case giving air to the inside too, there is no logical way for the air to dissipate. BTW I'm using the NOX NX3: http://www.nox-xtreme.com/producto/nx3/29/ (I think the only think I should care about is the height of the cooler and the dissipater if I want to change the TX3, right?)

So back to the conversation: I want to replace the TX3, I want a new cooler, a more silent one and I want to buy local without putting too much money on the table. I looked at what they sell and there are only two interesting options.

The NOX HUMMER H212 and the COOLER MASTER HYPER T4. The nox one looks pretty close to what I’m looking for: 20 dB with 56 cfm. Less noise, more air, everyone wins, it’s the cheapest option. With seven more bucks I get the T4 with 31,6 dB for 70 cfm. That’s where I have more doubts, I get it, one gives more air and the other one don’t while one gives less noise on maximum speed than the other one, but may it be worth the T4? I don’t really know how to compare the dissipator and I don’t know if at the same output of air the T4 is going to give me less noise. There’s one thing that is clear: I will buy one, change the direction of the entire thing, buy ARCTIC MX-4 (I don’t know the actual thermal paste on the computer, I didn’t mount it myself) and the temps are going to improve a lot and it’s going to be a lot less loud, don’t matter what I pick. The H212 looks like a good option, however I want to buy the best thing at it’s cost/noise per performance ratio. Remember that I actually own a R7 260X, so my FX-6300 isn’t even overclocked, it’s undervolt, so I don’t care about better temps as I do about the noise. Remember too that once I change the direction of the fan the air flow of the case will change so much that my GPU is also going to give me better temps and less noise so I plan to revitalize my computer with this.

Thanks for reading and looking into my question! :P

Forgot to say... I must advise the local store tomorrow so I would appreciate if you can answer some of my answers asap : )

Thanks guys!

I'm not used to see Nox CPU Heatsinks, as they don't exist in my country.

Safe choice is the Hyper T4, i had one on my last PC and it worked great all along, never got a problem.

But anyway, if you manage to get yourself a small closed circuit watercooler system, like a Corsair H55 (got this one on my current machine), you should be good too, they work great and will get you even lower CPU temperatures.

They're also very quiet and cheap.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX