Quietest, but best performing fans you know of?

PaulC1

Be quite, gelid or noctua 

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

Noctua. NFF12s are amazing, quiet, and just awesome.

Corsair is alright but when I use them I cant get the rubber pads right.

My Rig: i5 3570k at 4.2 GHz 1.12 Volts, Hyper 212 Evo, Maximus V Gene, RM650, 840 Pro and Seagate Barracuda, 8 GB of Sniper Ram, and a GTX 770.

Noctua for sure! Many people hate their design though, but I really like it.

noctua (but dawm they look ugly)

4da18ae60a95129704e23e8a5216cf0d-300x250

@WunderWuffle will agree

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I never tried Noctua so I'll be against the majority here by recommending cougar :P

no point in recommending something I never tried right?

and in comparison to corsair SP120 quiet edition that I tried, I like cougar more, because the air is pushed in a much better cone tube shape,

SP 120 quiet edition just blows the air everywhere - which isn't the goal I'm looking for :)

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

http://martinsliquidlab.org/2013/05/07/fan-testing-round-12/

This is worth checking out. Everyone here should take a look at it.

[ 3570k | MSI Z77A-GD55 | 2x Gigabyte HD 7970 Ghz Edition | 128 GB Crucial M4 | 2x 1 TB WD Caviar Blue | XFX Core Edition Pro 850W | Fractal Design R4 ]

[ 3220 | Gigabyte H77N-Wifi | MSI HD 7770 | 1 TB Seagate Barracuda | Rosewill Green 630W | Fractal Design Node 304 ]

KBT Pure Pro | Func MS-3 | Sennheiser HD 598

Be Quiet fans are quieter than Noctuas but Noctuas perform ever so slightly better.

This.

If silence is your priority, Be Quiet! Silent Wings. If you would care to sacrifice a smidge of silence for a smidge of performance, Noctua, or if you'd sacrifice another smidge, Gelid.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

gentle typhoons?

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

I'm taking a guess you never heard of them, as I haven't found anyone in this forum recommend them; but there's this company called noctuna. they make really good quality fans, and they're quite too. Just so you should know ;) 

For all the falsely accused: message me and we can decide how to right all the wrongs that happened to you!

I'm looking at the major corporations, the lying online communities, the government that protects us...

We are HUMANS, not robotic slaves! 

Although many say that nooctuas are "s000 qu13t", In my experience, In all honesty, I don't think they are THAT quiet. I mean, yes, they are some of the quieter fans on the market, but for being super silent, I would say they don't come close to the BeQuiet! range. I have 2x 120mm Pure Wings 2 in Push/Pull on my H60 runnng at 7v, and I can barely hear them over my breathing. That's ninja quiet :ph34r:. They push a decent amount of air; not as much as the NF-F12s at 12v, but when at 7v the difference is negligible. Any of the other fans in their range are good, but I particularly like the (Newish) Pure Wings 2 for their value. £11 here in the UK! :wub: But anyway, I'll stop gushing about them now so you can make your decision. Happy shopping. ^_^

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

I've heard good things about Noise Blockers, but don't have any personal experience with them.