arctic liquid freezer 120, cheap and awsome

So in my quest to tame my amd a10 7870k with a 4.4ghz overclock and keep tempatueres low and not have a jet engine in my computer was started and i decided that water cooling was my best option. 

Now to decided what i wanted was tough, i only had an 85 ish dollar budget and get a lot of performance

so i looked at a lot of coolers (mostly corsair as cooler master sadly doesnt sell liqid coolers in the US)

but then i found the arctic liquid freezer 120 & 240mm coolers. Both products boasted great performance and silence, which so far is actually very true. So for around 70 bucks i bought myself the liquid freezer 120 mm. A thick radiator with dual 120mm fans, both are deathly silent and rival noctua easly . The whole rad itself is nice with soft rubber tubing, and a simple glossy cover with "arctic" over the pump and copper plate, no fancy leds or control. The whole pump is compatable with all amd sockets and intel sockets 2011,1150,1151,1155,1156. The cooler does come with thermal compound (not aplied) as it comes with a small .8g bag of mx-4 (but i used arctic silver 5) installation was simple and with a small bit of help i got it up and running in maybe 20 mintues. This is my first water cooling unit i've used, BUT i have used my friends pc with a h100i gtx and a h80i green modded to his gtx 780 so i know how those two pumps and fans sound like. 

So onto my computer. 

I idle around a 47.9°C thermal margin, under full load i get around a  38°C thermal margin under full load with all 4 cores being 100% utilized

(Thermal margin on over drive is what i used to calculate my temps, it is bascislly like 30°C away to throttling or 15°C to throttling, higher numbers are better)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

capturedvideo.MOV

I'm glad it works for you, though at that price bracket I'd still choose air any day.

But really no, those fans really don't rival Noctua in any way.

Liquid cooling since 2002.