Youtube blocks my adblocker

Whenever i use adblocker im getting an error messege instead of the ad itself... that happend today after using adblocker for years... so basically i have to turn off the adblocker in order to skip the ad... anyone can help me solve this?

I did change adblocker to ublock origin and it didnt work... please help!

Gaming Laptop: Dell G5 5587

7 minutes ago, Mr Fister said:

Whenever i use adblocker im getting an error messege instead of the ad itself... that happend today after using adblocker for years... so basically i have to turn off the adblocker in order to skip the ad... anyone can help me solve this?

I did change adblocker to ublock origin and it didnt work... please help!

Try using Adblock Plus. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

usually, when extension have problems, i uninstall chrome all together (saving bookmarks) and then re-download the most recent version.

Works almost 100% of the time.

Yeah I have the same issue, it's due to the pre-roll ads, I use Ublock origin, but it still works after 10 seconds or something of an error screen. I haven't found a fix and have been trying since yesterday.

BTW things I've tried, uninstalling and reinstalling a newer version of chrome, clearing cache, and using a different browser (which may have worked but firefox annoyed me more than the error  so I didn't check)

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

It's funny though you can post the video link on something like discord without the error, and no pre-roll ads pop up, however other adsdo, but mainly I just want to block pre-rolls.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

22 minutes ago, WarWeeny said:

usually, when extension have problems, i uninstall chrome all together (saving bookmarks) and then re-download the most recent version.

Works almost 100% of the time.

but not this time... i did it and it dosnt block any adds now on all sites..!!

5 minutes ago, Mr Fister said:

but not this time... i did it and it dosnt block any adds now on all sites..!!

maybe un-install current adblocker and try a different one?

There are a few varieties if i am not mistaken.

Hey I don't Know about other browsers but if you use Private Browsing on Mozilla Firefox it automatically block ads. Its great and is an effective natural ad blocker. You can give it a try. I cant comment for other browsers like Opera, Chrome and Internet Explorer, Edge etc.. but you can experiment for sure.

Hopefully I have helped,

Soham Bhattacharya

operatingsystems.co.in

Update, I figured it out, it's based on your google account, I switch accounts and now the issue goes away, so I've been blacklisted or something, either way I'm just going to create another account for now.

5 hours ago, AresKrieger said:

Update, I figured it out, it's based on your google account, I switch accounts and now the issue goes away, so I've been blacklisted or something, either way I'm just going to create another account for now.

I hope this isn't the case because that would mean i'm black listed as well.

If anyone else figures out how to get around this, tell me. I really don't think i'd be willing to make another account. they could have simply told me.

Note:

what i've tried:

Disabling AdBlock

Signing out then back in to google+

Rebooting chrome.

disabling all third-party extensions

updating drivers

running Advanced System Care scan.

rebooting computer

plugging my audio jack in and out.

Have you tried ticking "Anti-Adblock Killer" on the ublock dashboard under 3rd-party filers -ads?
image.png

Although last I checked youtube did not block adblockers so I don't believe the issue is your adblocker.

21 hours ago, Wolf_Lbh said:

Have you tried ticking "Anti-Adblock Killer" on the ublock dashboard under 3rd-party filers -ads?
image.png

Although last I checked youtube did not block adblockers so I don't believe the issue is your adblocker.

well i'm used to just using adblock but i'll try it when i get back to my pc

i tryed uninstalling ad blocker and put a new one and still didnt solve my problem... adds are bieng seen on youtube without adblocker and errors but i thnk errors are a lot worth it lol..

any ideas to solve this? i cant watch videos while waiting 30 seconds each time... 

53 minutes ago, Mr Fister said:

i tryed uninstalling ad blocker and put a new one and still didnt solve my problem... adds are bieng seen on youtube without adblocker and errors but i thnk errors are a lot worth it lol..

any ideas to solve this? i cant watch videos while waiting 30 seconds each time... 

Try uninstalling and watching without one. I have never had a problem like that with adblocker and I'm betting your problem is not related to adblock but something else you are using that is maybe having an impact on adblock. Perhaps something you did to your hosts file, or another addon reacts negatively when combo'd with adblock, or a list you are sub'd to.

On 3/10/2016 at 2:44 PM, WarWeeny said:
5 hours ago, Wolf_Lbh said:

Try uninstalling and watching without one. I have never had a problem like that with adblocker and I'm betting your problem is not related to adblock but something else you are using that is maybe having an impact on adblock. Perhaps something you did to your hosts file, or another addon reacts negatively when combo'd with adblock, or a list you are sub'd to.

i did uninstall the adblocker and it works fine only with ads.. i dont want those ads. i tryed installing ublock origin and it didnt fix it... 

1 hour ago, Mr Fister said:

Did you try checking your hosts file to make sure it wasn't modified in any way, disabling every addon besides adblock, and only using the default "easylist" adblock list?

5 hours ago, Wolf_Lbh said:

Did you try checking your hosts file to make sure it wasn't modified in any way, disabling every addon besides adblock, and only using the default "easylist" adblock list?

i didnt change a thing and adblock is the only extension i have!

5 hours ago, Mr Fister said:

i didnt change a thing and adblock is the only extension i have!

Strange. Adblock has never caused that issue with me and I've never heard anyone complain about this issue before so I'm betting either you or someone using your computer changed a setting in adblock or it is not the problem.

2 hours ago, Wolf_Lbh said:

Strange. Adblock has never caused that issue with me and I've never heard anyone complain about this issue before so I'm betting either you or someone using your computer changed a setting in adblock or it is not the problem.

i reinstalled both chrome and adblocker but none did work.

On 3/14/2016 at 7:32 PM, Wolf_Lbh said:

tried that