Bottlenecking

Go to solution Solved by Imakuni,
10 minutes ago, Tajdid Khan said:

I dont know why but my pc seems to be under performing in any games I play. My specs are:

Amd A8 5600k 3.2ghz non overclocked
XfX 6950 2gb
8 Gigs of corsair xms 3 ddr3 ram
Even while playing games at 720p like Battlefield 4 at high settings i get at max 40 to 45 frames per second.

Im really new to this PC thing so yeah if anyone could help me out it would be great. TIA :D

This is... actually, it's in line with what I'd expect from this sort of hardware. The 6950 is a rather old card, and your CPU isn't that much better either. Looking at benchmarks, the 6950 only scored 60fps in BF 3 at high 1600x1050, I'd guess a 40fps on BF4 is to be expected.

I dont know why but my pc seems to be under performing in any games I play. My specs are:

XfX 6950 2gb
Even while playing games at 720p like Battlefield 4 at high settings i get at max 40 to 45 frames per second.

Im really new to this PC thing so yeah if anyone could help me out it would be great. TIA :D

Are your components running particularly hot? The HD 6950 is a pretty hot-running card. Also, an AMD 6-core processor is among the recommended specs for BF4. 

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

Nope none of my components are running hot everything is fine.

what about black ops 3 then? 
the max fps I got was somewhere near 40 and that also at medium settings with all the advanced stuff off at 720p. :/

Your graphics card should be fine, but it's an FX 8150, an 8-core processor which is recommended...

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

10 minutes ago, Tajdid Khan said:

XfX 6950 2gb

This is... actually, it's in line with what I'd expect from this sort of hardware. The 6950 is a rather old card, and your CPU isn't that much better either. Looking at benchmarks, the 6950 only scored 60fps in BF 3 at high 1600x1050, I'd guess a 40fps on BF4 is to be expected.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Thanks everyone :D
Need to upgrade my components I guess.