Difference between versions

What's the difference between the Corsair H100i gtx and the Corsair H100i gtx v.2?

The same question for the H80i and the H80i v2

I already know they say "improved cooling", but is that true? By how much? I need the difference in real specs and real final numbers

Any help will be very appreciated

almost no difference

v2 models improve compatibility with mITX skylake boards

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Just now, shadowbyte said:

almost no difference

v2 models improve compatibility with mITX skylake boards

so there is no point in paying 20€ more if I have an ATX mobo, no? haha

Basically, it's newer.

Like the three versions of the Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3. The 4.0, 5.0, and 6,0 are all basically the same, but have different drivers.

Luckily, liquid cooling doesn't need new drivers.

So basically, it's newer, and more reliable... I guess.

BTW, get the H80i if you want liquid cooling

GTX 1070 - Ryzen 5 3600x - Corsair H100i V2 - 32GB DDR4 3200

Spoiler

Check out my Minecraft channel here!

3 minutes ago, ZillaGames said:

Basically, it's newer.

Like the three versions of the Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3. The 4.0, 5.0, and 6,0 are all basically the same, but have different drivers.

Luckily, liquid cooling doesn't need new drivers.

So basically, it's newer, and more reliable... I guess.

BTW, get the H80i if you want liquid cooling

I was actually considering the H80i because I have the corsair 400C. However, I don´t know how to get a POSSITIVE pressure inside my pc if I buy the h100i gtx. As far as I know, all fans should be included in the study of the pressure of ur pc. Since I want the h100i gtx to EXHAUST air out of the case, that would be 2x120mm fans, soo.....How could you work out a possitive pressure with that set up?

1 hour ago, Greg_titan said:

I was actually considering the H80i because I have the corsair 400C. However, I don´t know how to get a POSSITIVE pressure inside my pc if I buy the h100i gtx. As far as I know, all fans should be included in the study of the pressure of ur pc. Since I want the h100i gtx to EXHAUST air out of the case, that would be 2x120mm fans, soo.....How could you work out a possitive pressure with that set up?

You run it as intake, I did that for both cases (and coolers) with 240mm rads and the rapid movement of air can actually cool down components, trust me it'll work as an intake just fine. 

Just now, TheCovertCamper said:

You run it as intake, I did that for both cases (and coolers) with 240mm rads and the rapid movement of air can actually cool down components, trust me it'll work as an intake just fine. 

that´s exactly my worry, from what I know about this, that is almost nothing, I thought that setting them as intake will put heat inside the case. How do u have ur set-up configured?

Just now, Greg_titan said:

that´s exactly my worry, from what I know about this, that is almost nothing, I thought that setting them as intake will put heat inside the case. How do u have ur set-up configured?

I did have both of my setups as intakes. It just gives the air to the video card to get rid of, it's really no worry. What cooler does your video card have, and is it an R9 2/390(x)?

I did have both of my setups as intakes. It just gives the air to the video card to get rid of, it's really no worry. What cooler does your video card have, and is it an R9 2/390(x)?

msi gtx 980ti stock cooler, not even overclocked.

3 minutes ago, Greg_titan said:

msi gtx 980ti stock cooler, not even overclocked.

Yeah that'll be fine

Yeah that'll be fine

but the problem is that here, in summer, we get very high temps....around 40ºC and I game a looooot

So you´ve generated a question to me.....imagine the following config. and tell whether is fine or not for achieving POSSITIVE pressure inside the case:

Corsair 400c case and....

• 120mm fan exhausting air at the back
  • h100i gtx with push-pull config either at the front or at the top (4x120sp fans pulling air into the case)
  • two 120mm or two 140mm also pulling air into the case. Again, either at the top or at the front (depending on the position of the rad)

44 minutes ago, Greg_titan said:

but the problem is that here, in summer, we get very high temps....around 40ºC and I game a looooot

So you´ve generated a question to me.....imagine the following config. and tell whether is fine or not for achieving POSSITIVE pressure inside the case:

Corsair 400c case and....

• 120mm fan exhausting air at the back
  • h100i gtx with push-pull config either at the front or at the top (4x120sp fans pulling air into the case)
  • two 120mm or two 140mm also pulling air into the case. Again, either at the top or at the front (depending on the position of the rad)

I assume you can't run the rad at the top of the case? Anyways, the extra fans for push-pull will help move the air faster and will help it cool the video card faster (yes, it will cool the video card.)