Is it possible to build a pc in one console that can run two separate gaming rigs?

Linus did the video on his 7 desktop pc and his 2 desktop one. But is it possible to build the 2 desktop pc without spending $1000?

I reckon it is possible, if you put in a 6-core AMD fx-6300, you could have two cores per rig, and two for unraid.

Then you'd need 2 GPUs (maybe r7 360)

A half decent PSU (You will be running two Graphics cards, and need to make sure you have enough cables for all the hardware)

A hard drive for each system (so a minimum of two)

2 sets of peripherals.

You'd be looking at a seriously low-end rig, but it IS possible.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY

Le USD $300 Second Hand Potato

CPU: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8GHz Motherboard: Intel DP55WG RAM: 12GB Corsair Budget 1333MHz (2x2GB+2x4GB) GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 512MB Case: Cooler Master Elite Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB PSU: Cooler Master Generic 500W (came with case) Displays: 21.5" 1080p Acer G226HQL Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (Mx Reds) Mouse: Logitech G502 Sound: Turtle Beach X12's Operating System: Windows 10

Yep... My peripherals cost me more than the rig itself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rPKj3C

This list does not include peripherals as I could find no way of adding two keyboards and two mice.

The 360s aren't meant to be used in Crossfire, it was the only way it would let me add two.

Possible improvements to this build:

> GTX 950 (couldn't add 2 to build)

> Better monitor, I just picked the cheapest 1080p one without a 25ms refresh rate

> Core i7 in place of FX if you can pay for it

My idea: use three cores per VM and two for unRAID. Marginally more CPU performance than what @Dargenfire suggested, but if you don't agree, an FX 6300 would only lower the price.

“Forgive me my nonsense, as I forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.” — Robert Frost

Why would anyone need that? I mean it's fun thing to do, but in the end you need:

-twice the amount of GPUs
-almost triple the amount of CPU power
-more storage

That alone almost makes up for an additional PC, one you could use as your console. Like, install SteamOS. So much advantages.

EDIT: The CPU choice is really always the problem, because ending up with less than 4 CPU cores on single VM bottlenecks GPUs. Provided you want to stream you will end up needing a CPU that costs more than additional rig.

Edited by IreMinMon