Cable Sleeving VS Buying Sleeved Extensions

derick90

So I'm dealing with a bit of a conundrum, buy sleeved extensions or sleeving the cables coming off the PSU myself. Now, I've watched plenty of tutorials/guides on custom sleeving and I'm not all that intimidated by it, however, I would like some input. Would it be more practical to buy sleeved extensions, or more cost effective to sleeve my own. 

Also: Any advice should i choose to do the latter is greatly appreciated. Also any input as to what companies to go with should i custom sleeve would be awesome =]

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

extensions would be the easiest, and probably the cheapest, as well.

These silverstone extensions get good reviews on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_22?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=silverstone+cable+extensions&sprefix=silverstone+cable+exte%2Caps%2C568

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

5 minutes ago, shadowbyte said:

extensions would be the easiest, and probably the cheapest, as well.

These silverstone extensions get good reviews on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_22?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=silverstone+cable+extensions&sprefix=silverstone+cable+exte%2Caps%2C568

Unfortunately my work has any kind of shopping site blocked, do you know if they have black/white extensions?

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

Buy them if you just want it done, do them your self if you want a look only you can get.

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

Just now, derick90 said:

Unfortunately my work has any kind of shopping site blocked, do you know if they have black/white extensions?

both colors in one cable?

or black cables and white cables?

because they have black cables and white cables

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Polaroid Spectra System

1 minute ago, shadowbyte said:

both colors in one cable?

or black cables and white cables?

because they have black cables and white cables

I was thinking black and white in one cable 

HeadsetLogitech G430  

Just now, derick90 said:

I was thinking black and white in one cable 

yes.

they do make them, but they're from mod/smart, a company i've never heard of

Polaroid Spectra System

I have those Silverstone extensions in my build, they're great! but the only thing that is annoying is the excess cable length, and as my case is m-atx form factor, there is quite a lot and i have had to stuff half the length of my cables in the PSU compartment in the bottom of my case, which I am lucky to have, otherwise it would of probably been a nightmare to fit it all in!

i5-6600k @ 4.9Ghz | Corsair H110i GTX + 2 x Noctua NF-A14's | ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger | 

Corsair Venegance DDR4 8GB | ASUS GTX 970 Strix |Samsung 840 EVO 240GB + 1TB HDD | 

Corsair RM850 | NZXT H440 Black | 2 x Noctua NF-F12 + Corsair AF-140

1 minute ago, CableMod said:

our extension kits are available in all kind of colors and do come with matching combs our of the box - unbeatable value :)

They are available here: http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=cablemod

Since im at work it's blocking me from seeing the site, You wouldn't happen to have a custom set for the EVGA SuperNova G1 series would ya?

HeadsetLogitech G430  

6 hours ago, derick90 said:

So I'm dealing with a bit of a conundrum, buy sleeved extensions or sleeving the cables coming off the PSU myself. Now, I've watched plenty of tutorials/guides on custom sleeving and I'm not all that intimidated by it, however, I would like some input. Would it be more practical to buy sleeved extensions, or more cost effective to sleeve my own. 

Also: Any advice should i choose to do the latter is greatly appreciated. Also any input as to what companies to go with should i custom sleeve would be awesome =]

think I dont need to say more :)

3 hours ago, derick90 said:

Since im at work it's blocking me from seeing the site, You wouldn't happen to have a custom set for the EVGA SuperNova G1 series would ya?

We do - send us an email to community@cablemod.com