Exclusive Vessel series

aakopa

My overall reaction: Meh.

Now I do still watch LMG videos but more sporadically, I'm just not as invested but not because of any particular thing they might be doing different. Just normal viewing cycles and shit: I eventually move on to other content and such, saving Linus videos for when there's fuck else to watch or a new product launch and such.

One thing is fairly clear to me: Linus and all youtubers clearly bet wrong on this video content thing. Linus growth aspirations would inevitably bring him at odds with the reality of the content vs what he gets out of it in terms of money and it's no surprise that people are upset since it is a very clear slippery slope:

1-Free videos, thanks for watching!

2-Sponsor integration! Yeah videos are still free but well ad-sense money keeps dropping we need native advertising or as close to it as we can get away with

3-Timed exclusive videos! Yeah they're still technically free if you're willing to wait. I guess youtube didn't like our move of in video sponsor advertising (Go figure: an entity dedicated to advertising doesn't likes it when you go around them druming up your own competing adds)

4-Paywall videos! Oh totally not ChannelSuperFun videos as Vessel said (Since we can always backpedal) because well, this gigantic fucking warehouse was once again, shooting too high for what you can actually make out of producing short videos for a niche audience

5-

-------

Current Rig

-------

This kind of reaction to it is similar to when Bayonetta 2 was first announced... how it was exclusive to the Wii U even though it was previously a playstation series.. That's just because it wouldn't have existed without Nintendo funding it, this is a similar situation. Nerdsport literally wouldn't have existed without Vessel funding it, meaning they own the rights to that particular series and LMG simply acted as a production company for it, because yes, they also do that outside of regular LTT videos, making content for others that pays for it.

What if it was youtube that approached LMG for them to make Youtube Red exclusive content (like many other youtubers out there are doing right now), would you be reacting this way too? At least with Vessel, it's not limited to just one country.

Oh and btw, Linus did respond to this already.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

11 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

This kind of reaction to it is similar to when Bayonetta 2 was first announced... how it was exclusive to the Wii U even though it was previously a playstation series.. That's just because it wouldn't have existed without Nintendo funding it, this is a similar situation. Nerdsport literally wouldn't have existed without Vessel funding it, meaning they own the rights to that particular series and LMG simply acted as a production company for it, because yes, they also do that outside of regular LTT videos, making content for others that pays for it.

What if it was youtube that approached LMG for them to make Youtube Red exclusive content (like many other youtubers out there are doing right now), would you be reacting this way too? At least with Vessel, it's not limited to just one country.

Oh and btw, Linus did respond to this already.

Don't recall Bayonetta 2 devs going out of their way to say they'd be always on Sony only though. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

23 hours ago, Derpologist said:

It seems to work just fine for me..I mean its not like instant, but once the video loads (3-4 seconds), I dont have any buffering issues

Well maybe it is problem in some places (like usa is ok, but europe suck). On youtube 1080p smooth, vessel even 480p is playing faster than it buffers.