Problem with Roccat Tyon key binding/macro recording on BF4

I recently got the Roccat Tyon intended for FPS gaming. When playing BF4, I realized that the other additional buttons don't register while in game. Following internet advice, I learnt that one has to create a profile on the Roccat software, record macros and assign them to the buttons. You enable the profile while gaming. 

I've done all that. After a few tweaking around, pressing the assign button either: 1) doesn't register (ie, pressed pull knife out, knife doesn't get pulled out), or 2) there is clearly a 1-3sec delay, much slower than simply pressing 6. 

I use kaspersky and malwarebytes for security. Some say that the delay happens because the security systems are in place. After adding to exclusions, this situation has only slightly improved. Perhaps I am doing something wrong, or adding the wrong processes to the exclusion list?

I could really use the help. 

Thank you in advance. 

Easiest way would be using key bindings. So in Roccat software, select Assign key/button instead of assigning macro. Macros are multiple button/key actions with timings. So if you are experiencing delay, it's most likely because there's error in your macros timings.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Easiest way would be using key bindings. So in Roccat software, select Assign key/button instead of assigning macro. Macros are multiple button/key actions with timings. So if you are experiencing delay, it's most likely because there's error in your macros timings.

So I guess to fix those errors in macro timings, I will have to re-record them much faster then?

Is there a way to review/edit the macros, like in excel VBA?

On 3/7/2016 at 5:03 PM, jonnyyyl said:

So I guess to fix those errors in macro timings, I will have to re-record them much faster then?

There are two things you can do with extra mouse buttons:

1.  Assign a single key stroke to them.

2.  Assign multiple key strokes to them.

The first is easy.  Go into your mouse utility app, tell it which button you want to assign along with its appropriate keyboard key press.  In game, tell BF4 that action so-and-so should be done when you press the aforementioned key.  You do that in the "keyboard" settings of the action, not the mouse settings.

If that's all you're doing, you're good.

If, instead, you're trying to do the second, then you're skating on real thin ice because macros are looked down upon heavily by the BF4 community and can lead you to a ban.  Be really careful what you do here.

Editing Rig: Mac Pro 7,1

System Specs: 3.2GHz 16-core Xeon | 96GB ECC DDR4 | AMD Radeon Pro W6800X Duo | Lots of SSD and NVMe storage |

Audio: Universal Audio Apollo Thunderbolt-3 Interface |

Displays: 3 x LG 32UL950-W displays |

Gaming Rig: PC

System Specs:  Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme | AMD 7800X3D | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000MHz RAM | NVidia 4090 FE card (OC'd) | Corsair AX1500i power supply | CaseLabs Magnum THW10 case (RIP CaseLabs ) |

Audio:  Sound Blaster AE-9 card | Mackie DL32R Mixer | Sennheiser HDV820 amp | Sennheiser HD820 phones | Rode Broadcaster mic |

Display: Asus PG32UQX 4K/144Hz displayBenQ EW3280U display

Cooling:  2 x EK 140 Revo D5 Pump/Res | EK Quantum Magnitude CPU block | EK 4090FE waterblock | AlphaCool 480mm x 60mm rad | AlphaCool 560mm x 60mm rad | 13 x Noctua 120mm fans | 8 x Noctua 140mm fans | 2 x Aquaero 6XT fan controllers |

On 7.3.2016 at 0:03 AM, jonnyyyl said:

Is there a way to review/edit the macros, like in excel VBA?

Sorry, I thought I replied already :/

Roccat software should allow you to fix timings between presses without using 3rd party tools. But if you only need one key press, just bind relevant keybord key to mouse button.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 3/11/2016 at 9:53 PM, jasonvp said:

There are two things you can do with extra mouse buttons:

1.  Assign a single key stroke to them.

2.  Assign multiple key strokes to them.

The first is easy.  Go into your mouse utility app, tell it which button you want to assign along with its appropriate keyboard key press.  In game, tell BF4 that action so-and-so should be done when you press the aforementioned key.  You do that in the "keyboard" settings of the action, not the mouse settings.

If that's all you're doing, you're good.

If, instead, you're trying to do the second, then you're skating on real thin ice because macros are looked down upon heavily by the BF4 community and can lead you to a ban.  Be really careful what you do here.

I am doing 1, and already this seems to be a problem with not only BF4, but also CSGO. 

The utility works fine in that I assigned a single key (ie. 1) to a single mouse button. When the profile is enabled during in game, in BF4 there is a notable delay between pressing the button and the intended outcome (taking out primary weapon). It is a very slow process.

With CSGO, the case is worse because none of the macros work. 

For both games, I made the changes under the keyboard settings. 

So like, record macro 1, (press 1 and release 1), assign to mouse button X. In keyboard settings, assign this action with "1". Thus in game, pressing 1 will result in action. Correct? I mean, that's how I saw people do it on Youtube. 

33 minutes ago, jonnyyyl said:

So like, record macro 1

Isn't there just a way to assign individual keystrokes to buttons without using macros?  I can't believe there isn't; hell even my Logitech allows me to do that.  That's what you want; you don't want a macro in your case.

System Specs: 3.2GHz 16-core Xeon | 96GB ECC DDR4 | AMD Radeon Pro W6800X Duo | Lots of SSD and NVMe storage |

System Specs:  Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme | AMD 7800X3D | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000MHz RAM | NVidia 4090 FE card (OC'd) | Corsair AX1500i power supply | CaseLabs Magnum THW10 case (RIP CaseLabs ) |

Audio:  Sound Blaster AE-9 card | Mackie DL32R Mixer | Sennheiser HDV820 amp | Sennheiser HD820 phones | Rode Broadcaster mic |

Cooling:  2 x EK 140 Revo D5 Pump/Res | EK Quantum Magnitude CPU block | EK 4090FE waterblock | AlphaCool 480mm x 60mm rad | AlphaCool 560mm x 60mm rad | 13 x Noctua 120mm fans | 8 x Noctua 140mm fans | 2 x Aquaero 6XT fan controllers |

7 hours ago, jasonvp said:

Isn't there just a way to assign individual keystrokes to buttons without using macros?  I can't believe there isn't; hell even my Logitech allows me to do that.  That's what you want; you don't want a macro in your case.

well yea...i would want that too. lol... 

i dont think so. it appears most people (with roccat mice) have to do this to assign their buttons. 

1 hour ago, jonnyyyl said:

i dont think so. it appears most people (with roccat mice) have to do this to assign their buttons. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Roccat/comments/3qwni6/bind_single_modifier_key_to_mouse_button/

I think "Shortcut" is what you're looking for.

roccat.jpg.70c19584fb2eed3bf10cffb61c43a

This is how my Kova's driver looks like. I've highlighted "Assign a Shortcut" option which you use for single keys. As you can see, my BF3/4 profile has several shortcuts assigned.

Also, in macro editor you can edit timings from 1ms to anything above. I can say for sure that 1ms is much faster that normal key press made by you. And editor recording doesn't include time delays between presses. So the issue isn't with driver software. It must be either hw/sw error in mouse itself (check if you can update firmware from driver software). Or it might be that you are using mouse with USB3 port. In that case, try using USB2 instead. It might work better.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv