Help r7 240 overclock

Principis

Hi,

I have an Asus r7 240 2GB and I am overclocking it and it is running stable at the maximum...

I want to overclock it even more but this is the first time that I overclock a card so I have no idea how... 

Do I need to mod the bios or something? I read somewhere that I can use this: http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/vbe7-vbios-editor-for-radeon-hd-7000-series-cards.189089/

Thanks in advance :)

afterburner.PNG

I think you need to modify bios.

Did OC yield any performance increase?

Lower end cards like r7 are not meant for overclocking, so there's a lot bigger chance power delivery will fail when overclocked compared to r9 series cards, so be ready that your card wouldn't last long

If the settings you show there are the defaults, then the card's BIOS is definitely preventing any higher clocks, but you don't have to edit the BIOS to bypass the restriction.

Go into Afterburner settings and find this: 

N2FCxck.png

..and change that setting from "disabled" to either of the other options ("without PowerPlay support" is more likely to work, but will also increase idle power consumption).

That should allow you to change the clock speeds to whatever you want. From there, follow any of the dozens of overclocking guides on the internet.

The Cheap SFF Wonder -- Turning a Core 2 Duo SFF machine into a useful member of computer society!

i5 3570 -- AS.Rock Z77 Pro3 -- 12GB DDR3 -- R9 380X -- 840Evo 500GB/1TB HDD 

I speak the honest truth with a bit of snark mixed in. I'm sorry if it doesn't line up with your beliefs.