First Water-cooling Build

So, I am getting into my first water-cooling build and have a couple of questions, mainly concerning which case I should go for and about pumps.

Hardware:

- Asus Maximus 8 Impact with 16GB of TeamGroup DDR4-3200 and a 6700k covered by the EK Monoblock for the M8I.

- GTX 970 with EK waterblock

- possibly EK Ram coolers in the future

- At least 1*280mm rad + 1*140mm rad. 

Questions:

- How strong of a pump do I need? I think since I am only rocking 1 GPU, I should not have to worry about this Issue?

- Which Case should I go for? NZXT Manta looks awesome to me, just too large for ITX. Evolv ITX? I would also really appreciate 5,25" bays, but most cases suited for water-cooling do not have those. 

FullSizeRender 3.jpg

You tell me! Who is your daddy and what does he do? 

Systems:

Spoiler

• Silent-WS: 5820k@4,5GHz, 32GB Klevv Cras white DDR4, Titan X Pascal@EKWB, Asus X99 E-WS 3.1, 512GB 950Pro, Caselabs Merlin SM8, Seasonic Prime 850W
  • MacBook: 15" Retina Late 2013
  • Tablet: iPad Pro 10.5"
  • Network Storage: -

8 minutes ago, HdFkK said:

So, I am getting into my first water-cooling build and have a couple of questions, mainly concerning which case I should go for and about pumps.

Hardware:

- Asus Maximus 8 Impact with 16GB of TeamGroup DDR4-3200 and a 6700k covered by the EK Monoblock for the M8I.

- GTX 970 with EK waterblock

- possibly EK Ram coolers in the future

- At least 1*280mm rad + 1*140mm rad. 

Questions:

- How strong of a pump do I need? I think since I am only rocking 1 GPU, I should not have to worry about this Issue?

- Which Case should I go for? NZXT Manta looks awesome to me, just too large for ITX. Evolv ITX? I would also really appreciate 5,25" bays, but most cases suited for water-cooling do not have those. 

Pretty sure all you need is something like a Ek pump/Res combo. That should have enough flow for what you are doing. Hopefully someone with more water cooling experience will speak up. As far as a case goes those are subjective. So you should look until you find what you want. Just because I find you something doesn't mean you will like it 3 months after building in it.

I7 5820k, Asus X99 Sabertooth, 980Ti Classified, 32gb Gskill Ripjaws 4, Corsair Rm1000i, Samsung 950 Pro, Custom Loop Xspc Cpu Block Ek Gpu Block, Windows 10, Define S. Acer Predator XB271HU

No window on the case and no shiny RGB is basically all I want. I really do not care about the rest much..

You tell me! Who is your daddy and what does he do? 

Systems:

Spoiler

• Silent-WS: 5820k@4,5GHz, 32GB Klevv Cras white DDR4, Titan X Pascal@EKWB, Asus X99 E-WS 3.1, 512GB 950Pro, Caselabs Merlin SM8, Seasonic Prime 850W
  • MacBook: 15" Retina Late 2013
  • Tablet: iPad Pro 10.5"
  • Network Storage: -

Just now, HdFkK said:

No window on the case and no shiny RGB is basically all I want. I really do not care about the rest much..

Well with the board you are using the Define Nano S is out. You  lose top Rad support with that board installed. So Grab the Manta or Look for one that isn't charging a premium for being new NZXT!

I7 5820k, Asus X99 Sabertooth, 980Ti Classified, 32gb Gskill Ripjaws 4, Corsair Rm1000i, Samsung 950 Pro, Custom Loop Xspc Cpu Block Ek Gpu Block, Windows 10, Define S. Acer Predator XB271HU