CPU transistors etc

stan92

1. Can someone please post some pics / videos on what the transistors on a cpu look like and how they actually equate to power/performance on the computer

2. Also someone please explain how cpu's work with ram and other components in a system. 

You do realise that explaining this is a very long process right? Here is a topic written by @Samdb that gives a basic to moderate level of information pertaining to how a CPU works including how the CPU works with RAM. Quote me if this isn't enough detail about specifics and I'll clarify

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53450-how-a-cpu-works/#entry717445

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

@Zapper , @Hazy125 what are they made of etc? how do they turn 0's and 1's into data visual and performance and etc?

@Zapper , @Hazy125 what are they made of etc? how do they turn 0's and 1's into data visual and performance and etc?

A CPU is made from thousands of layers of transistors on a silicon chip. Each transistor can push data one way or the other(1 or 0). The CPU will send information to the RAM to get the instruction set it needs, the RAM will send it back. This is how it gets the instructions to execute a program. In more detail, the instruction set from the RAM gets broken down when it gets to the CPU and sent to the different cores and all that stuff. But essentially, the CPU asks the RAM for instructions, then the CPU executes the instructions and programs and operating systems interpret what all the ones and zeros mean to display the visual data. Performance comes from how fast the CPU and RAM can do this

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop