watch dog on startup??

Yongtjunkit

hi,

I'm  curious about watch dog during start up before windows 10 loads. I'm wondering if there's a virus in my pc. The watchdog loading screen is between the windows logo with the spinning circle screen and the lock screen.

please inform me if you need more information

thanks in advance

lolwhat

video ? pricture ?

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Not 100% sure about this yet, just noticed a watchdog thing when i started intel xtu for the first time. Seems to be a timer to reset overclock if your cpu hangs. Just trying to google about it, but that game makes the info hard to find xD

6 hours ago, JorithZ said:

Not 100% sure about this yet, just noticed a watchdog thing when i started intel xtu for the first time. Seems to be a timer to reset overclock if your cpu hangs. Just trying to google about it, but that game makes the info hard to find xD

i'm using a laptop.

6 hours ago, givingtnt said:

lolwhat

video ? pricture ?

its something like the following(no picture avalabile as it happened 1 time only)

[1.89563]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[1.36326]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Watchdog probably refers to some process that monitors a part of the system, and if something goes wrong, it'll take some course of action (probably rebooting). 

As far as what happened, you really haven't provided enough detail to figure out.

If you suspect a virus, just run antivirus.

I remember reading that watchdog is one of Windows normal background processes. Unless it hogs CPU, no need to worry.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv