ODD adapter for laptop

steezemageeze

I'm going to be replacing my laptop's 160 GB HDD with a 120 GB SSD in the near future, and I got to thinking about possibly mounting my old HDD in my ODD bay so that I wouldn't really be downgrading in storage capacity. I found this for $10, and I figure it'll either suck and not work and I'll be out a Hamilton or it'll work and I'll be rocking 280 GB. Anybody bought one of these? 

A Guide For Getting Started With Linux

My first rig:   CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DH3 Video Card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866MHz Storage: WD Blue 1TB PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Case: Rosewill SRM-01

as long as they dont pull a derp like what happened to the usb type c cable reviewer, all thats inside here is just a passtrough of cables between the two connector types, and it shouldnt be any form of "good" or "bad" and will just work.

12 hours ago, steezemageeze said:

~snip~

Hey steezemageeze,

This is a storage drive caddy and they are quite popular among users that don't really need their optical drives in the laptops and prefer to have another drive in their place. These work quite well and people are quite happy from them. The only thing you'd need to check out is if the specific caddy is compatible with your laptop and if the SATA port isn't SATA I 1.5 Gb/s since it would limit the speed of any drive there (especially if it's a SSD). :)

Post back if you need more info :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/